Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Cbus news

Posted on 9:18 AM by Unknown
Can anybody tell me if this hauntingly beautiful piece was a in a movie or something?

It's by Helen Jane Long on the Album Porcelain, call "Doll".

http://youtu.be/UpvSK2qTGAE



Another piece of music I would have never heard except for Pandora Internet Radio. "Blackmores Night" Station.
---------------------------------------

I have a Se . .  Se . .  Seven OH Six tee time tomorrow for balderdash's yearly 36 HOLE GOLF EXTRAVAGANZA. So no blog.
-------------------------------------
I was SO pissed off at Milo last night and this morning he can not get enough lovin from me. He keeps crawling into my face - he's starting to piss me off AGAIN  LOL

---------------------------------

I attended the Columbus Business Roundtable (there were only square tables in reality) at the new place in town "Our Market". 


This is more then just another farmers market.   For $10 you rent a space for a day and can sell anything you have made.  Amish goods, bakery, candles, all sorts of stuff.  They are open every Friday and Sunday and each day there are different things.  So far they are averaging about 7 different vendors and gaining momentum.  Fresh meats I hear are coming soon.   They will have live music in the future and it could be an "it" place to go.  

Also in the news was that there is something exciting opening in downtown Columbus.  The official word is not out yet so it's all a secret but there were twinkles in the eyes of the people who knew.  We will know in a month.    My best guess is a space port or a monument to the Walker administration.

   
Or I have heard that they might do some minor highway improvements through Columbus.

 

When talking to the business people seems Walker really screwed Columbus as we were on the short list for a rather large Wind Technology Company moving here.  Now it seems MOST wind technology companies have left Wisconsin.  In fact a large number of companies do not even consider Wisconsin as a viable place to move too.   

Oddly large corporations like to have labor that is NOT angry. States where labor and government work together for the better good.  Not battles and hatred and protests and school teachers up in arms and school budgets being cut.  Companies look at education for the families of their employees!  Might as well move to Afghanistan.  I did hear that Walker thinks that if we would just stop educating woman we could balance the budget?   
--------------------------------------------------
 MILO - YOU ARE DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!  54r4     milo typed that - it's some secret cat code for the mother ship I think.

--------------------------------------------------

Columbus Horse and Carriage Festival

 That's it - cheers

Rod
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...
  • Lincoln - AWESOME
    All good things come to an end.  Yesterday in the NBA I lost a big game in my Chase.  O'well.  Here is my graph now. Still in the black ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ▼  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ▼  June (13)
      • Kudzu Jesus
      • Brewers - FAIL And Slavery is a bad thing
      • Republicans Recall - FAIL!!
      • Thistle seed (Nyjer seed) does not make thistles!
      • Cbus news
      • You know you are getting old when
      • The Worlds Greatest EXTRA -and Libertarian Magic Dust
      • Mallards Drunk Blind and Blue Dog Democrates - FAIL
      • What is Wrong with the Economy?
      • I seem to be missing 6.6 Billion dollars. Has any...
      • It's been a while
      • STOP HAVING SEX ON MY YARD
      • Very entertaining
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile