Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Friday, June 17, 2011

What is Wrong with the Economy?

Posted on 6:19 AM by Unknown
Seems when we got so anal about the Wisconsin Supreme Court voting to pass the anti Government worker bill we were not actually dealing with all the facts. It was not the Conservatives that all voted for striking down Sumi. The three that voted FOR WORKERS were the three judges with the most seniority. Not the 3 liberal judges.One conservative judge voted for and one liberal judge voted against.

So it seems now liberals have to recall one of their own?

Then it sounds like Wisconsin taxpayers will have to spend $500,000 of our own money to fund the six republicans that are running as democrat's in the recall primaries. Yea -seems fair - we're broke you know.

What is wrong with the economy?   This makes so much freaking sense - share it.

http://youtu.be/JTzMqm2TwgE



-----------------------------------

The Columbus Horse & Carriage Festival is this weekend. This year once again it is free and before I was told I could not take photographs a couple years ago and decided to screw it . . . it was pretty cool. Now under new management it is once again free. If you are a horse fan or carriage fan you should come up and take a peak at it. Columbus has one of the worlds foremost horseless carriage restorers and ships worldwide. Check it out. They have a facebook page.

Don't worry about weather  - we  have rain coming after midnight tonight and lasting to about 8ish tomorrow morning.  We will hit 80 today about 3:00, drop down to 62 after midnight and when it starts raining the temps will also start warming reaching 79 tomorrow about 2:00 in the afternoon. Sprinkles or a passing storm in the afternoon.

At the Royal Ascot horse race in England they were showing off their new hats - I'm hoping we will have the same in Columbus - that would ROCK!!!  
--------------------------------

McDonalds Big Breakfast is my favorite breakfast from a fast food place and it seems it gets an "F" for nutrition.  WHY!!!     OK it has 740 calories!  Where are those coming from anyway.  If I make the same breakfast at home is it equally as bad?


 Let's take a look here.  McDonalds vs. HOME made

Eggs - 170 calories  10g Fat  is this normal?
    2 eggs - 204 calories  14.4g Fat

Sausage Patty - 170 calories  15g Fat
  Bacon 3 slices Oscar Meyer -  70 calories  4.5g Fat

 Hash Browns - 150 calories  9g Fat
     Simply Potatoes hash Browns  -  70 calories  0g Fat

 Biscuit -  260 calories  12g Fat - hole crap! (does not include butter)
    Toast  - 130 calories  1.8g Fat (does not include butter)

So a McDonalds Big Breakfast is 740 calories with 48 grams of fat - if I make the equivalent home cooked meal the damage is 474 calories and 20.8g fat.   So basically I could eat TWO of my breakfast's - THIS IS AWESOME NEWS!!!!
------------------------------------------

Going to the Duck Pond Saturday night with the Wort Hogs. Too bad the Mallards have mostly yellow fizzy corn beer except for the Great Dane Brewery.  I guess they are holding down costs! I'll have my camera!!

------------------------------------------

I watched a special on the Japan earthquake/tsunami and for the 1st time I saw people running and cars fleeing or trying to flee the rushing water.   Really brought things home when you see that.   Were these images hidden from us just after the disaster?   I kept noticing that you never saw humans.  It was more like watching a science experiment and not an actual disaster.  It was like watching a war with no deaths on TV.  Censored???

Lots of things I did not know.  Like how water was pushed up from cracks in city streets and just how LONG things shook!  

------------------------------------------ 

iPhone will soon make it so certain things can not be photographed with your phone.  Using a special infrared thingy your iPhone's camera will be disabled at some things like concerts and so forth.  Perhaps Congressman Weiner would have never gotten in trouble.

-------------------------------------------

Have a great weekend all!!

Rod
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...
  • Lincoln - AWESOME
    All good things come to an end.  Yesterday in the NBA I lost a big game in my Chase.  O'well.  Here is my graph now. Still in the black ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ▼  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ▼  June (13)
      • Kudzu Jesus
      • Brewers - FAIL And Slavery is a bad thing
      • Republicans Recall - FAIL!!
      • Thistle seed (Nyjer seed) does not make thistles!
      • Cbus news
      • You know you are getting old when
      • The Worlds Greatest EXTRA -and Libertarian Magic Dust
      • Mallards Drunk Blind and Blue Dog Democrates - FAIL
      • What is Wrong with the Economy?
      • I seem to be missing 6.6 Billion dollars. Has any...
      • It's been a while
      • STOP HAVING SEX ON MY YARD
      • Very entertaining
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile