Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Friday, October 15, 2010

Like An Italian Without Hands

Posted on 7:51 AM by Unknown
First - run to your local Sports Book and bet the farm on the 49ers and the Texans. They are this weeks "A" picks and through the years the "A" games are 52-15 ATS and 1-0 this year.
--------------------------------------------

So I started to write a blog Wednesday exclaiming how amazingly beautiful it was up here(there) in Door County and as I took my card out of the camera I realized I forgot my card reader for teh computer.  So all of my images would have to stay in the camera (which is scary as cards DO go bad at times).

I was like an Italian trying to talk without his hands. You just can't do it. I could not expound the beauty without photos!! I got writers cramp and then the miners started popping out of the ground and my blogging interest waned.

Speaking of the miners! Where they really underground? Looked pretty good to me and some had suntans! I think it's a huge cover up. Not unlike Man Landing on the Moon, yea good one, like I believe THAT actually happened! If man landed on the moon, where is all the green cheese!   I rest my case.
----

DJ, Blake and I took off early Tuesday morning and while the talking heads in Madison kept saying "we're at peak colors" I kept see the colors get peakier and peakier until there were times I thought we had taken a wrong turn and were in Arizona looking at the red earth.

The first bit of work was to stop at this wonderful jewelry PKJ Designs in Ephraim as I had purchased the down payment for a birthday ring for DJ.  After that bit of work we took a break and I found a nice spot for a photo of Ephraim. This will give you some idea of the dreary area we were in.


We just sort of drove around and I was complaining about the lack of clouds and bad weather (for photography) but only sort of kidding (well, there was a little truth in it . . . I like clouds and bad weather for photography).

Once we were settled in at The Shallows south of Egg Harbor I decided that since this was a business trip (write-off) I should go see the DoveTail Gallery and talk to Kathy about perhaps having some of my art work hanging on her walls.

As it was  the walls were full but she did say check out "A Decorators Gallery" down the road and I met with Clearance and Mary Ann (who loathes Brett Farve) and I'M IN!   I have three pieces hanging as I speak but they are not the ones I really want for next summer.  More like default images as they will be closing (like everything up there) in a few weeks only to be open on weekends.

Wednesday was a crystal blue day (grrrrrrrrrr).  WHAT IS UP!  Everytime in the past that we have come up to Door the 2nd week of October and it's raining, cold, cloudy . . .PERFECT but NOOOOOO now it's warm and not a cloud in the sky!

We went around to gallery's with $10,000 paintings and $7000 metal things and realized that there are very very few images in gallery's taken with a camera.   As the day wore on I noticed cumulus clouds starting to pop up and we zoomed off to Cana Island.

Everybody in the world has taken photos of the Cana Island lighthouse and they all look the same. So I had to figure out what I can do to make MY images different.

This is my first iteration of Cana Island.  I managed to take about 150 images in 3 days and I've only had a chance to work on five so far so . . . . . . . nothing is final yet.  BUT . . .this seems to be blog worthy.

 OH - this is not the last of Cana you will see.  A lot of people forget to look the other way while at Cana.  I turned around and felt I could do something with looking OUT.


As we were driving back to Egg Harbor on County F, DJ said "I love those birch trees" and I slammed on the brakes and like a little squirrel I would darted across the road and scampered into the woods (this happened a lot actually).   




this is pretty much how the entire mid week weekend jaunt went. Drive, stop, scamper, drive, stop, scamper.

And finally (for today) an End Of The Season image from The Shallows.


  Have a good day.

Rod
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...
  • Lincoln - AWESOME
    All good things come to an end.  Yesterday in the NBA I lost a big game in my Chase.  O'well.  Here is my graph now. Still in the black ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ►  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ▼  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ▼  October (17)
      • Biggest Storm EVER
      • 100?
      • Bad Hair Tuesday
      • Sort of busy-ish!
      • ESPN Loves Madison
      • Step UP for Down Syndrome Walk
      • White Boy?
      • Knock knock - anybody home?
      • Locked Out
      • Like An Italian Without Hands
      • Friday blog coming
      • It Was Like Kitchen Nightmares
      • Drinking the Lake
      • No Room at the Inn
      • Work?
      • Weekend update
      • Lists
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile