Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Bad Hair Tuesday

Posted on 7:52 AM by Unknown
One bit of happy news - IT'S A GIRL!!! Jenny had her ultra sound and and a healthy little girl is on the way!
--------------------------------------

Another bit of news is I passed my Bartending License exam.
---------------------------------------

Is it too late to play the "I was bullied" card? I had the snot kicked out of me in Junior High. Although while I was pretty bloodied I did happen to land a surprising right hook and gave the dude a black eye which made me sort of a legend for the rest of the year!

He was not actually expecting me to fight back . . . then he REALLY tore into me! What did I do to deserve a snot kicking? I showed no fear (I guess I should have)and did not back down (big mistake).

My other mistake was when he had a hold of me and said put your arms down and I said something like "I'm not afraid of you" and then he blasted my face. hmmmmmm wrong reply I guess! Oddly I remember that I was more concerned with where my glasses flew more then the the warm sticky red substance coming from my mouth! Once I found them I was pissed off, took a swing, landed a right hook (the guy was WAY bigger them me - was I STUPID?)

It became pretty much one sided after that.
--------------------------------------------

Went to Nepoli's Saturday night with Josh, Jenny, Caydence, and DJ and had a fantastic meal. The Cajun Chicken over Pasta is awesome. Just a hint of hotness - perfect.

I asked Sarah the Manager about the "for sale" thing and it was a broker brain fart mistake. There is no way they are leaving. The place is the "IT" place to go in Columbus for a good, relatively inexpensive great Italian meal. Entree's are in the $8 to $12 range. The pizza is real New York Style pizza.

We left about 8:30 and people were still coming in. ALTHOUGH - my one tiny blip this time was it was a little cool in there, just a heads up. Dress warmly.

Serious good place to go.
-------------------------------------

For any gamblers out there.

My BIG pick in the NFL is San Diego -3.5, this is an "A" pick which over 18 years are hitting over 76% (53-16)in real time betting. 2-1 this year - underperforming.

Also in the NBA take the Lakers -7 and the OVER 196.

OH - The Cowboys just got a little more easy to beat (if that could actually happen).

---------------------------------

Had a very weird thing happen Saturday. We were driving past the old Mautz Paint store on East Wash and for some reason I thought of a Manager of Mautz that I knew about 25 years ago. He had retired and was the owner of a Comic book shop next to a liqueur store I worked at (and was held up by gun point but that is a different story . . .I should have kicked that guys ass!).

Anyway I thought of him and then just as quickly forgot about him.

We go the the Sun Prairie Target and are looking around and an old guy and a younger helper go by and . . . . . wait . . . . . was that the Mautz guy? NO WAY - couldn't be!!! And I walked around for 10 minutes with a big "?" above my head.

Saw them again and walked up and asked if he was the guy! YUP - I don't think of a guy for 25 years, think of him and half an hour later I'm talking to him!

TOO WEIRD!
-----------------------------------

Weather - hold on - you ain't seen NUTTIN YET!! You call this morning a storm? phhtttttt - it was a warm up!

Why is it that 40 mph winds and blasting rain against my window irritates me UNTIL the alarm goes off and then it's soothing.

A driving hint. Stay on the windward side of big trucks. No need to have one tipping over on you as you pass it.

Have a bad hair day!

cheers
Rod
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Seasons over and a retrospective.
    WOW - Saturday was the last art fair of the year and yesterday was my first day after fair season.  I felt rather lost.  All of a sudden I h...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ►  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ▼  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ▼  October (17)
      • Biggest Storm EVER
      • 100?
      • Bad Hair Tuesday
      • Sort of busy-ish!
      • ESPN Loves Madison
      • Step UP for Down Syndrome Walk
      • White Boy?
      • Knock knock - anybody home?
      • Locked Out
      • Like An Italian Without Hands
      • Friday blog coming
      • It Was Like Kitchen Nightmares
      • Drinking the Lake
      • No Room at the Inn
      • Work?
      • Weekend update
      • Lists
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile