Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Biggest Storm EVER

Posted on 7:28 AM by Unknown
According to NOAA the storm we just went through was the largest non-tropical storm ever to hit the US in recorded history.

Of course you are saying WHAT? the thing is that there was only rain with it so instead of 15 inches of snow and 70mph winds for 2 days, it was just wind.

This storm was also the largest storm to hit the Great Lakes (which seems logical, I don't know why they distinguish between the two records) surpassing . . .

The Cleveland Superbomb - 1/26/1978
The Armistice Day Storm - 11/11/1940 (I've blogged about that)
The Anniversary Storm - 11/10/1998
The White Hurricane - 11/7-9/1913
The Witch of November - 11/10/75 - The Edmund Fitzgerald Storm

Now we need a name for THIS storm - how about The Big Blowhard.
------------------------------------------

My laptop is having problems.  The CD drive no longer seems to exist!  DAMN YOU!!  I don't know if it is software or hardware but it'll probably cost me $200 to find out!  I could buy a nice desktop computer for only $300 more!!!   (plus $90 for Photoshop CS3).

grrrrrrrrrr
------------------------------------------


Yesterday was American Beer Day not to be kornfused with National Beer Day or International Beer Day.  Yesterday in 1933, President Franklin Roosevelt enacted the Cullen-Harrison Act, the first step toward the December 5 repeal of Prohibition.
 
The act allowed for beers under 3.2 percent alcohol to be sold in the United States. Plenty of people felt a weak beer was better than no beer at all, so they lined up at breweries nationwide to buy beer legally for the first time in 13 years.

Beer is proof God loves us, and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

 ---------------------------------

 You guys notice that Sherwood Motors is now open on Saturdays?  I went to Frank Porth Chevy to have a trailer hitch put on my car . . . . . they said they could not do it as no hitches were available for a Subaru Outback . . . . .what???    Well - Sherwood Motors said they can do it for $520ish   $275 for the Trailer hitch, $102 for the special wiring needed and about $120 for installation. (so much for a desktop computer . . . . or actually FIXING my lap top).

But - I no longer want to Beverly Hillbilly it to Art Fairs, loading two cars to the brim  - rather rent a small U-haul for $15 a day.
---------------------------------------

See that North Carolina legislator that apologized for a campaign flier?     The flier had "Covering Our Solders Backs" which seems like a good thing, except pictured are the backs of four WWII GERMAIN solders!

oops!   I guess they all look the same?
    -------------------------------------

Sort of like Ron Johnson who when asked how he would help create jobs said "I'm not going to get into that game".  What??   I guess that is why the republican Green Bay Press Gazettes is backing Russ Fiengold.

In an interview last week.

Asked to explain his jobs plan, Johnson banged away at the GOP mantra: cutting spending, regulation, etc. That didn't satisfy the editors.

"There's no real jobs plan?" one interviewer asked.

"I would say bring fiscal discipline to the federal government," Johnson replied. "We've got to curb spending."
That didn't satisfy his interviewers.


"So your jobs plan is to control spending. But what about the middle class?" the editor responded. "I mean, I hear you talking a lot about business, businesses. But I mean, what is your plan for the middle class?"

"We have to get the economy moving," Johnson said, frozen.

"Isn't that pretty simple though what you're saying is just, you know, elect me, to go there and cut spending and everything will take care of itself."

OH MAN!!!
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...
  • Lincoln - AWESOME
    All good things come to an end.  Yesterday in the NBA I lost a big game in my Chase.  O'well.  Here is my graph now. Still in the black ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ►  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ▼  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ▼  October (17)
      • Biggest Storm EVER
      • 100?
      • Bad Hair Tuesday
      • Sort of busy-ish!
      • ESPN Loves Madison
      • Step UP for Down Syndrome Walk
      • White Boy?
      • Knock knock - anybody home?
      • Locked Out
      • Like An Italian Without Hands
      • Friday blog coming
      • It Was Like Kitchen Nightmares
      • Drinking the Lake
      • No Room at the Inn
      • Work?
      • Weekend update
      • Lists
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile