Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Step UP for Down Syndrome Walk

Posted on 7:48 AM by Unknown
 This Saturday is the Step UP For Down Syndrome Walk- join us or even maybe pledge to help out MADSS.

Down syndrome is a genetic difference affecting over 350,000 people in the United States. It occurs in 1 of every 733 births in people of all ages, races, and economic levels. Advances in our  understanding of Down syndrome have led to tremendous changes in the quality of life and expectations.




A silent auction with one of my prints will be available. 

Alliant Energy Center-Exhibition Hall
9:30 a.m. Registration
11:00 a.m. Walk


To donate to the cause  this is Caydence's page 

http://www.firstgiving.com/caydence

-------------------------------------

I can hardly contain myself - Justin Bieber is writing his memoirs!   Telling classic stories about playing pranks on his tutors to failing his drivers license! WOW - I can not WAIT!!!  I think I'm moist!   I do hope it is out by Christmas as it will be #1 on my list!!     Move over "George Bush, Warrior King!"  there is a new gorilla in the closet. 

(I don't even know that that means).
------------------------------------------------------------

I found this website that shows crime in Madison.   The below image is of all the assults that tahe taken pace in Madison in the last ONE month.


The site is called Spotcrime and you can have it look for shootings, assaults, robbery's and all sorts of stuff.  Gets a little crowded at times and you can sort of by date.  You have to sign up for ALL the functions, email address is needed but I have not gotten any junk mail YET!

---------------------------------------------------

Also - if you own an iPhone if you are using your camera you can tap the screen and that part of the photo will be focused on.

DJ found that if she pressed the HOME button for about 3 seconds a "voice control" function came up.  You can then control you phone with your voice.  Things like  "CALL ROD"  or "WHAT TIME IS IT".  It's about all I know from that department.
---------------------------------------------------------

Check out this image !!

  Comes from Game 4 of the ALCS when a broken bat went flying into a $100,000 high def camera.

Did you know that the camera man makes $452,000 a year?  What a wonderful job - you get to go the the best games AND get paid a half mil!
--------------------------------------

Did you know that Candy Corn was invented in the 1880s and 22 pieces contain 140 calories and no fat. 20 million pounds are produced annually and the recipe is basically the same as it was 120 years ago.



blah

WERE CLOSE TO THE WEEKEND!!

BTW -
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...
  • Lincoln - AWESOME
    All good things come to an end.  Yesterday in the NBA I lost a big game in my Chase.  O'well.  Here is my graph now. Still in the black ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ►  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ▼  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ▼  October (17)
      • Biggest Storm EVER
      • 100?
      • Bad Hair Tuesday
      • Sort of busy-ish!
      • ESPN Loves Madison
      • Step UP for Down Syndrome Walk
      • White Boy?
      • Knock knock - anybody home?
      • Locked Out
      • Like An Italian Without Hands
      • Friday blog coming
      • It Was Like Kitchen Nightmares
      • Drinking the Lake
      • No Room at the Inn
      • Work?
      • Weekend update
      • Lists
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile