Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Monday, October 18, 2010

Locked Out

Posted on 8:54 AM by Unknown
Typically when I come back from vacation I spend the first few hours going over email. This time I'm calling the HELP desk about resetting my Passwords. Seems not only do none of them work but once changed everything is fine EXCEPT for my email account.

Seems the only terminal in the world where my password does not work is on MY machine.

So - here I am.  waiting waiting waiting

-------------------------------------------------------



Football. Dang it - My two "A" picks were right on . . .except I lost the Texans by 1/2 point. The last three "A" pick losses have been by a TOTAL of 2 points now. 2-1 this year and 53-16 overall dropping to 77% win rate.  2-1, under performing this year! 

Speaking of the Packers. We play the Minnesota Texters next week. I was watching some sports talk show Saturday night and at random times they would just show Favre getting hit in the little Brett during practice, too funny!

Anyway - the game. The ref's have admitted that that penalty which pretty much lost the game was wrong and they should not have called it. THANK YOU!!!

Of course there are SO many other problems. I see Lynch - the guy the Packers could have picked up for a case of beer played yesterday and had a 2.6 yard average. Also I'm pretty sure Mathews could have played yesterday but that would have put next weeks BIG game in jeopardy.  Look at it this way, with stringers and practice square players the Packers are still in games. 

You might be disappointed but it's not like the Pack is playing with a full deck.

Oddly loss meant less then a win. What?? hmmmm how can I say this. Losing yesterday, I feel, was not a big deal. Yea - a win would have been GREAT but losing in a division full of bad teams means that you just have to beat the other bad teams. The Vikings suck and even though Favre's numbers were good . . . how many games can you win when a QB throws for 118 yards, gets sacked 3 times, fumbles and averages 4.2 yards per pass.

We all know why he has tendentious in his right arm anyway right?

While we were up in Cheesehead country I was surprised at how people disliked him even in Green Bay. But as it looks perhaps Favre might be suspended before the Packer game. But I doubt it. New York law does not prohibit an adult from sending sexually explicit photographs to another adult. So if no laws have been broken he should not be suspended.   Plus - as some guys have said - after seeing the photos some feel sorry for him, but then . . .remember he has big hands! 
------------------------------------------------------

In other news - still trudging through photos from the trip north.  Many of you who get my newsletter saw this one already but I'll post it here.


The interesting thing is that while all the images are getting "group" comments the one that people single out is the Seasons End image. 


This next one is from the 16th(?) hole at Alpine Resort.  175 yard par 3 . The one time I played this hole I used my 7 wood and used a ball I was sure to lose!  Hit it perfectly and as you would think the ball flew into the air WAY WAY high!   came straight down and landed about a foot from the green - I then 3 putt for a bogey!


And yet another image of the Cana Island Lighthouse


nuff for today.

OH - someone emailed me a month ago asking for photos of their house!  WOW - spaced THAT one out!  I believe I was getting ready for the Green Lake fiasco.  Sorry - ask me again next year! :-}

Rod
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...
  • Lincoln - AWESOME
    All good things come to an end.  Yesterday in the NBA I lost a big game in my Chase.  O'well.  Here is my graph now. Still in the black ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ►  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ▼  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ▼  October (17)
      • Biggest Storm EVER
      • 100?
      • Bad Hair Tuesday
      • Sort of busy-ish!
      • ESPN Loves Madison
      • Step UP for Down Syndrome Walk
      • White Boy?
      • Knock knock - anybody home?
      • Locked Out
      • Like An Italian Without Hands
      • Friday blog coming
      • It Was Like Kitchen Nightmares
      • Drinking the Lake
      • No Room at the Inn
      • Work?
      • Weekend update
      • Lists
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile