Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Monday, June 10, 2013

Weather Forecast - "D" for theweekend.

Posted on 5:47 AM by Unknown
GAME OF THRONE'S FANATIC STABS BOB LINDMEIER IN HEART WITH HIS OWN UMBRELLA FOR FAILED FORECAST.

Well, from my yard this weekends forecast got a big fat "F".  But I'll give the talking head weather forecasters a "D" since they missed on the good side.  All week the headlines were.  HALF THE WEEKEND WILL BE GOOD.  No hedging bets here.  Sunny Saturday and rain and more rain with embedded thunderstorms Sunday.   Cancel everything for Sunday.

WELL. Sunday was bright sunny and 82 degrees in Columbus. BETTER then Saturday.  Bob Lindmeier will have to give away an umbrella.! 

--------------------------------------------

In case any Public Enemies people missed it. Susie got married Saturday WHOO HOO!!!

-------------------------------------------

Sports - I was watching an NHL game Saturday night and thinking about game winning walk off scoring in all the major sports.  In hockey scoring is instantaneous.  It's like you are on a teeter totter of emotions, and then  BAM SCORE!!!  and every one goes while.

In football it's a drive or or a sudden burst of speed and you build up to the moment when the guy crosses the line. You emotions are already peaked just waiting to let go. 

Basketball there typically no walk off basket unless it's at the last 0.2 seconds and then it's exciting but really, you have all ready seen 100 baskets so . . . it's just another one but this one wins the game.

Baseball it's either a home run that takes 5 seconds or some hit where a guy scampers in from 3rd.

For my money hockey is the best game winning moment.

Speaking of baseball.  I'm tired of adults giving foul balls to kids.  HEY - we are going to die first, adults should get the balls - the kids will have MANY more chances.

Are Ryan Brauns testicles now the size of baked beans?  Does he need steroids?  A guy in the NHL CONTINUED played with a broken leg!! Yet Braun's thumb hurts and he sits out.  Or did he have a meeting with his lawyers?

----------------------------------

We have a gang of Common Starlings (also called European Starling)  in the neighborhood.  The worlds most hated bird.  Oh - people talk about bully birds but Starlings are the very worst.  In fact the US Government kills 1.7 million starlings every year.  Ugly loud birds that bully all birds and run around in gangs. 

I thought Grackles and Cowbirds were bad but this gang is just a nuisance.  They almost drown out the dump trucks and caterpillars terraforming The Pit. 
-------------------------------

Speaking of weddings. Susie's wedding they had brisket - OMG - it was amazing!  I am a brisket fan.

--------------------

That's all! 

rm
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...
  • Lincoln - AWESOME
    All good things come to an end.  Yesterday in the NBA I lost a big game in my Chase.  O'well.  Here is my graph now. Still in the black ...

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ▼  June (11)
      • The Magic is gone.
      • The house is a rockin as Thor comes a knockin
      • Brewers / Rain
      • White Squall and TV and disc golf
      • O'Boy - a new obsession!!
      • Me? A Terrorist? You really want my memory card?
      • On the Road
      • Weather Forecast - "D" for theweekend.
      • Braun and the House of Cards
      • Short and sweet here
      • Downton Abby vs. Game of Thrones - who has the big...
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ►  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile