Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

O'Boy - a new obsession!!

Posted on 8:00 AM by Unknown
To answer a question yesterday.  I'm not sure if my brother can actually arrest anybody, even if he is an historical reconstruction architect, but I was hoping the authoritative figure in my face would not know that.

If that didn't work I was going to tell him my best friend AND Governor of the great State of Wisconsin, Scott Walker was about to BUY the Springfield Power Plant and move it to Wisconsin be cause we are open for business now.  

I'm pretty sure that would have gotten a reaction.

an artist rendition of the Springfield Power Plant 

OH WAIT - WHAT IS THIS???  Something I found     ON THE INTERNET!!


OH - the gauntlet has been thrown - Game on!
----------------------------------------

Disc Golf - oh lordy!

So yesterday I went and played ROUND TWO of my new obsession - Disc Golf and even though I pulled my Teres Major muscle a little by not properly warming up (I was so excited) I had a blast for 18 holes.

I throw like an old man but I'm using some muscle groups that have not been used for 30 years so I'll get my distance up.   I put away my driver disc for the time being as they are too hard to control and I only get an extra 30 feet out of them.

But I'm hooked.  Right now Marshal has a really nice course and Beaver Dam has a good 18 hole course.  Waterloo and Horicon have nice courses and of course Madison has a few sweet ones.

I played 18 holes in Springfield ILL at the Lincoln West course.  It was about noon and I drove up and thought I would play a round. Problem was one of the last things I did was remove my 3 disc's into the garage so . . I had no discs.
 
I went to Scheels which is like a Dicks Sporting Goods on steroids. I mean, you enter and walk under a huge aquarium with schools of fish and they have a full size farris wheel in the middle of the store - IT'S HUGE.

I purchased a Mid Range disc for $7.99 and drove back.  I had a Shark 4402 already (4402 is how it's rated) so I bought a Buzzz. 
      
4 for speed - how it cuts through air (1 -13)
4 for glide - hot it maintains loft (1 - 7)
0 for high speed turn -  tendency of a disc to bank to the right during the initial part of the flight (+1 - -5).
2 for slow speed fade - tendency to hook left at the end of the flight (0-5).

So - I found hole #1 and took off.  Trying to desperately throw the disc more then 160 feet (a good young pro can throw a driver 450 feet). My Shark is rated at 230 feet.

ANYWAY - I got done about an hour and a half later with a horrible 83 and looked around and my car. It was nowhere to be found.   In fact I didn't have a clue where I was.   It's a big park and I was more concerned with looking for baskets and not where I really was.

I started walking where I THOUGHT my car was but then I walked past a basket that  I had not played.  WTF?  are there two courses??  Did I play the right baskets?  Where is my car?  Man I'm thirsty.

I walked a ways and knew I parked near some building.  About 15 minutes later I found the building and my car - WHEW!! 

And that is my golf story.
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...
  • Lincoln - AWESOME
    All good things come to an end.  Yesterday in the NBA I lost a big game in my Chase.  O'well.  Here is my graph now. Still in the black ...

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ▼  June (11)
      • The Magic is gone.
      • The house is a rockin as Thor comes a knockin
      • Brewers / Rain
      • White Squall and TV and disc golf
      • O'Boy - a new obsession!!
      • Me? A Terrorist? You really want my memory card?
      • On the Road
      • Weather Forecast - "D" for theweekend.
      • Braun and the House of Cards
      • Short and sweet here
      • Downton Abby vs. Game of Thrones - who has the big...
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ►  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile