Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Friday, June 28, 2013

The Magic is gone.

Posted on 6:05 AM by Unknown
My Belgian Pale Ale came in 1st Place at the Wort Hog contest.  That's two 1st places in a row.  One for my Double Chocolate Stout and now this one.  The next contest has me making an exciting Amber.  zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz   I won't win this one unless I brew it again. 

Problem was I was brewing during a thunderstorm and I didn't get the evaporation I was hoping for during the boil and the beer will be 5-10% weaker.  I guess when the humidity is 85% evapo is not as much.  Plus I did not have a RAPID boil as I should have.

Maybe I'll brew it again but I have to make a Weizenbock for October which I'm looking forward too.  I also want to make another batch of my Frank ZPA (Zytho's Pale Ale).  I need more money LOL
-----------------------------

Anybody that is on FaceBook and gets updates from CH3000 (Channel 3) knows that the below photo from my deck is now their Cover Photo. 

6:00AM Vista Circle Columbus
  ----------------------------------------------

I have a new blog post over at 

Adventures in Disc Golf 

The think I'm having problems explaining to people that Disc Golf is NOT Frisbee Golf.  Totally different animal.   A Frisbee is like a wiffleball, a disc is like a baseball.

--------------------------------------

Weather - 0.21 inches of rain yesterday in Columbus as a big storm skimmed by.   My question is this.

"Storms will become more widely scattered"  What does that mean???  More storms over a wider area?  The same number of storms but over a wider area?  Same area but less storms?

--------------

Last Saturday we went to Costco and got a few things and then put everything in to a tray that use to hole mushrooms. 

When we got home we put things away and Milo fell in love with the box.  when not up causing trouble he was in his box. Sleeping, looking around, watching TV,it was his most wonderful spot. 

Yesterday he threw up in his box. The magic is gone.  Move on, find a new place.  I even cleaned it up but the box is now dead to him.



-----------------------------------

I'm feeling a little guilty all of a sudden,   There is a Robins nest under our deck in a nice cozy spot.  I looked yesterday and there were 4 baby Robins looking at me.

This this morning I went to take a photo and looked up and said soothing words and then moved to take a photo an PANIC!!!!   They all  "flew" (more like tumbled) out of the nest.

Once they leave the nest can they go back?  Do they go back?  I suppose they know what to do.  I'll keep Milo inside today. 

 
 Have a nice weekend

Rod
Have a great weekend. 
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...
  • Lincoln - AWESOME
    All good things come to an end.  Yesterday in the NBA I lost a big game in my Chase.  O'well.  Here is my graph now. Still in the black ...

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ▼  June (11)
      • The Magic is gone.
      • The house is a rockin as Thor comes a knockin
      • Brewers / Rain
      • White Squall and TV and disc golf
      • O'Boy - a new obsession!!
      • Me? A Terrorist? You really want my memory card?
      • On the Road
      • Weather Forecast - "D" for theweekend.
      • Braun and the House of Cards
      • Short and sweet here
      • Downton Abby vs. Game of Thrones - who has the big...
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ►  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile