Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Downton Abby vs. Game of Thrones - who has the biggest shocker!

Posted on 7:59 AM by Unknown


I was giving a presentation to the 6th graders at the Middle School and it was time for them to show me what they had done.  There were some pretty . . . . . interesting effects and a few were REALLY good and one girl did a very nice job with a Justin Bieber image.  However, as soon as it appeared on the screen 95% of the class started booing.

There is hope.
----------------------------------


--------------------------------------------------

Label for my new IPA



SPOILER ALERT - Game of Thrones

Game of Thrones had their Downton Abby moment this past episode.


Check out the Red Wedding Reactions Compilation.

http://youtu.be/78juOpTM3tE - seems this does not show up sometimes - there is the link


When I read reviews of the books I was warned that heroes and good people died.  In book one a very good person DID die Eddard.  However I had not made it to this part in book three.

Many many people who had read all the books new that this was coming.  A friend of mine asked another friend who had seen the episode what happens.  The response was "Everybody dies".

Well, not EVERYBODY.  Just many of the good people.  At least MY favorites did not die and in fact the only people that died were minor good people.  What was bad was when they killed the Wolf  :-(

Speaking of sadness.  We watched the last 45 minutes of Warhorse.  OMG, how freaking emotional is THAT movie!  And nothing gut wrenching happened.
 ------------------------------------

I've been struggling with new photo software Lightroom 4. The beauty with LR4 (I have heard) is that it acts as a database for all of your photos, BUT, is not really intuitive when learning the "how does it work" part.  Or the "where does it go" part.   I'm on my 4th iteration of creating the files.

It DOES do a lot of wonderful fun things that are easier then Photoshop though.

But what I have found is that while I'm looking at my 15,000 photographs and keywording each and every one and starting over, I'm finding lost gems.

For instance, I had a request for "Lone Tree" and was having one of those "where the hell is THAT photo" moments and found a few others.  In the future all I would have to do is search "tree" and all the images with tree would pop up.  SWEET!!

Lone Tree


 
My canvas guy has left the country for who knows how long and it's really messing things up. I think I mentioned that once already though.

SO - since canvas has now basically DOUBLED in price and some plans are on hold I'm starting to do more framing WHICH means many of my images can no longer be the 2x3 ration (like 20x30) and must conform to standard rations of 4x5,11x14 and so forth.

This is an oldie but goody but now square.  I might like this better actually.

Umbrellas on the Square

Here is a shot of Mullins in Columbus.  This has actually given me a different inspiration so while I think this is a little . . .gritty it's gottin a new idea in to my head.

Mullins Short Stop
 ---------------------------------------------

OH - here is something I hate - I logged on to see a quick video of the season 3 finale' of Game of Thrones - after going through the 30 second commercial I get a pop up saying the Video is no longer available!  WTF?   grrrrrrrr

-----------------------------------------------

I'm through the Dark Ages in my book (Europe 101 The History & Art for the Traveler).  The Vikings were so misunderstood.

I'm now up to Medieval Religious Art.  Ya gotta love this stuff!!

   

Who would NOT want this hanging on their walls!  DUDE has a little pee pee! 

Have a great day

Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...
  • Lincoln - AWESOME
    All good things come to an end.  Yesterday in the NBA I lost a big game in my Chase.  O'well.  Here is my graph now. Still in the black ...

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ▼  June (11)
      • The Magic is gone.
      • The house is a rockin as Thor comes a knockin
      • Brewers / Rain
      • White Squall and TV and disc golf
      • O'Boy - a new obsession!!
      • Me? A Terrorist? You really want my memory card?
      • On the Road
      • Weather Forecast - "D" for theweekend.
      • Braun and the House of Cards
      • Short and sweet here
      • Downton Abby vs. Game of Thrones - who has the big...
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ►  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile