Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

The house is a rockin as Thor comes a knockin

Posted on 5:56 AM by Unknown
WOW - a couple big lightning strikes this morning.  Not THAT close either.  The kind that is so bright you jump and wait for the CLAP!!!  that never comes until just after you let your guard down and then BAM!!! the house just ROCKS!!!

6:00AM in Columbus
 Last night I was watching the weather and there was no rain anyway and Bob Lindlier go all excited at the very end and pointed to a teeny tiny little green dot, barely visible in Iowa! He got all wiggly  and pointed to the fly spec and said that was the beginning and a large, very slow moving storm would be in the Madison area by 8:00.

WELL DONE BOB!!

In the last 24 hours Columbus has only received 0.55 inches - looking at reports in Madison most stations are reporting in the 2.10ish inch range  I see McFarland got 3.65 inches!

Columbus up to 06/26/13


Looks like 2009-10 is trying to keep up with 12-13.  What get's me is how there is so few straight lines, days with NO rain. We have had 15.25 inches more rain then last year at this time. 

This is the chart from NOAA showing Madison's rain

------------------------------------------------

I got called on the carpet by the Chief of Police yesterday about some opinions I posted on the News in Columbus blog.   And I wonder why I didn't get elected?  LOL   I told him to feel free to comment on the blog but questions are never answered. 

I'm actually a little surprised someone takes the time to read it and report to him.  We have agreed to disagree.  He says he wants to be proactive, get things before they become a problem while I say we should be reactive and make sure their IS a problem.  It will save money in the long run.

BUT - when it comes to safety most of the City Council wants to be  REACTIVE when it comes to the library parking lots. Wait until a problem happens (like a death) before anything is done.

------------------------------------------

and then there is Paula Dean.

Even though I might not be the most politically correct guy at times I do know that when a news organization asks me if I have ever used the "n" word the correct answer is NOT  "of course" and then try to justify it.

------------  

DJ and I went to Glide yesterday and DJ purchased two discs (putter and mid range) and I purchased a Leopard (they are all around 8-$12 for our cheaper plastic models).  Most non-pro disc golfers will carry 10 to 20 disc with them.  Like ball golf, no one wants to swing a club at 85% when they have a club for a 100% swing.

New blog - Adventures in Disc Golf

--------------

Stay afloat!

Rod
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...
  • Lincoln - AWESOME
    All good things come to an end.  Yesterday in the NBA I lost a big game in my Chase.  O'well.  Here is my graph now. Still in the black ...

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ▼  June (11)
      • The Magic is gone.
      • The house is a rockin as Thor comes a knockin
      • Brewers / Rain
      • White Squall and TV and disc golf
      • O'Boy - a new obsession!!
      • Me? A Terrorist? You really want my memory card?
      • On the Road
      • Weather Forecast - "D" for theweekend.
      • Braun and the House of Cards
      • Short and sweet here
      • Downton Abby vs. Game of Thrones - who has the big...
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ►  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile