Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

The Delicate Sound of Thunder - John Axford

Posted on 6:00 AM by Unknown
WOW - I have a problem with my fantasy team (as if anyone cared).  I went 7-1 last week and am 8-1 this week so far.  But here is the problem, I can't get Brandon Moss who is hitting .500 the last 7 days into the game.  No room for someone only hitting .500  LOL

At 1st base Billy Butler has 10 RBIs can't take him out

In the outfield  I have
Micheal Cuddyear,  2 HRs 6 RBIs and is hitting .461
Austin Jackson, 8 Runs  .375
Ryan Braun .700

I could put him in as a utility player but
Alex Rios  6R, 4HR, 7RBI 2 SB .375
Chris Davis 4R,3HR 14RBI .450

I might sit Braun as the Brewer game will get rained out tonight.
------------------------------

Columbus has received less rain then Madison in the last few days.  Monday 0.34 and yesterday 1.69.  STILL, crushing the last few years in total precipitation and we are no longer in drought mode.

I suspect we will continue to pull away in the next few days.  



Lots of flooding going on.  Sort of reminds me of a certain foreclosed house that I know.  Locks were put on the house and it seems all the pipes burst this winter.  For the last 3 or 4 months water has been gushing through the house running down stairs and so forth.  Think about THAT water bill.  

Back to storms - expect HEAVY rains tonight as this classic spring setup takes hold.  Perhaps 2 more inches of rain on the way.  I do love love love the sound of thunderstorms!
 --------------------------------------
And then there is John Axford.  I was reading an article by Jeff Sullivan who was trying to see WHAT the heck is wrong with Axford.  He was using the latest in sabrmetrics and other technology that can be found today.

He  compared his first two years and the last two years and found some really interesting things.

Actually what he found was . . . . nothing has changed.   His K% is exactly the same,  BB% the same,   GB/FB%  same,  fastball velocity - same, the number of times a batter makes contact with a pitch, the same, number of times he throws in the strike zone , the same.

So his pitches AND movement on the ball are all the same.

There was talk about maybe he is tipping off his pitches?  Nope, his release point from the first two years and the last two years - the same.

The average flyball travels 294 feet compared to 289 feet in his 1st two years. Not much difference.

The conclusion (and I have read this in a number of articles) is  . . .BAD LUCK.  He had good luck the 1st two years and has bad luck now.   It does not SEEM like luck as we watched him last night.
--------------------------------

And here is a political question.

Why is it, in Columbus all the boards meet once a month.  But the Police and Fire Commission who have greater then 1/3 of the Columbus budget, only meet once every 3 months. 
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...
  • Lincoln - AWESOME
    All good things come to an end.  Yesterday in the NBA I lost a big game in my Chase.  O'well.  Here is my graph now. Still in the black ...

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ▼  April (13)
      • It's been a long time!
      • Game Changer
      • Rain Rain Go Away - AND CLOUDS
      • NEWS from Columbus
      • First Wort Hopping
      • blah blah
      • New Toys Arriving Daily
      • Crazy wind last night
      • The Delicate Sound of Thunder - John Axford
      • Rainy Monday
      • Not Broken
      • Sour grapes? Hell yea. And I apologize
      • FULL IMMERSION SPORTS
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ►  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile