Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Monday, April 8, 2013

Rainy Monday

Posted on 6:00 AM by Unknown
For Columbus happenings check out MelotteforCityCouncil.org 
 ***********************************
Forty years ago today Southern Wisconsin received 15-20 inches of snow with 50 mph winds.  The interstate was closed for two days.

Sadly(1) this did not happen this year so the Brewers were able to lost five straight games.  On March 26th I predicted the Brewers would not win 80 games this year.  I did not know that after six games they now have to be on pace to win 83 games just to win 80 . . . . . did that make any sense?

Sadly(2) my fantasy draft was held a few weeks ago and not that I was TRYING I feel like a homer with so many Brewers on my team.  It;s not like I was trying to Brew up but every time my pick came the next position I wanted .. WAS A BREWER.  

I had the 2nd pick of the draft and picked Ryan Braun. My 3rd pick was Ramirez. My 8th pick and 3rd starting pitcher was Gallardo (Gio González and Mat Latos went before Gallardo). Then I needed a 2B and look who I can get Rickie Weeks, BUT WAIT!!    pick 15 is up and I need a shortstop,  JJ HARDY (not actually a brewer but  . . .) BUT WAIT . . .  my catcher is on the DL so with pick #20 I pick up Lucroy (who was only championship team last year) AND, it's not over yet!!

Pick 22 of 23 is Cory Hart as I can use him as 1B and OF when he comes off the DL. 

In case you are wondering John Axford was the 11th pick in round 13.

BUT, Braun has not played for a few days and Ramirez is now on the DL. 

After one week I'm 7-1-2 in 2nd place.  
---------------------------------------------
This is for all of you ladies out there looking to meet that special man.  A list came out on some of the best places to meet men.

1. Your local hardware store
2. The driving range, early on Saturday afternoon
3. Jury duty . . . jury duty????  
4. Improv classes  
5. A big-box store’s TV section
6. The blackjack or craps table at a casino
7. In the line at the DMV
8. The pub closest to the sports arena after a big game ends
9. Guitar Center (or another store that sells musical instruments)
10. Frequent-flyer lounge in your local airport

Ok then , there ya go!  I can totally see Jury duty as a hot place.  Who KNEW.

--------------------------------------------

I had a tree house when I was a kid . . . well more like a tree deck behind the garage but it was fine.  Nothing like THIS tree house though.  I feel cheated!




 Once our Autumn Blaze Maple gets a little bigger I have a project for Caydance and Sydney.

Speaking of trees.  Lost of plans this year, the two biggest are a Colorado Spruce which will be only 3 feet high but with 50 feet to go and 15 feet wide and another Heritage River Birch.

That's it for today - gotta work on my business taxes!  

See ya!
Rod
      

Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...
  • Lincoln - AWESOME
    All good things come to an end.  Yesterday in the NBA I lost a big game in my Chase.  O'well.  Here is my graph now. Still in the black ...

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ▼  April (13)
      • It's been a long time!
      • Game Changer
      • Rain Rain Go Away - AND CLOUDS
      • NEWS from Columbus
      • First Wort Hopping
      • blah blah
      • New Toys Arriving Daily
      • Crazy wind last night
      • The Delicate Sound of Thunder - John Axford
      • Rainy Monday
      • Not Broken
      • Sour grapes? Hell yea. And I apologize
      • FULL IMMERSION SPORTS
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ►  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile