Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Friday, April 5, 2013

Not Broken

Posted on 6:35 AM by Unknown
What doesn't break you only makes you try harder . . . .or something like that.

A watched pot never rings!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Someone took our snowman.   We had a plastic snowman on our front porch this winter.  A few weeks ago during that last big blast of winter, DJ and I got home and looked outside at the weather and there was our snowman rolling across the fairway.

I'M FREE I'M FREE!! 

He got stuck in some weeds  DAMN YOU WEEDS, FOILED AGAIN!!  he said.

Anyway we were going to go get him once the two rivers of water left the course and the snow melted. BUT - he's gone.   The weird thing is how he got free in the first place.  He was on our porch on the OTHER side of the house. He would have had to somehow get off the porch that has railings, tumble to one side of the house, roll between the houses, across the backyard and then once he made it to fresh air on the golf course run like hell.

Strange things happen on our little front porch. There most be some little environmental weirdness that goes on from time to time.
-------------------------------------------------

As you all know I lost the election and I feel I let people done a little (especially with my angry blog which was a little embarrassing and is no longer on the net, although it was true).  I did get a write-in vote for School Board so I hope no one lost by one vote.

So after regrouping my brain I'm ready to move on and am looking into some local boards, particularly Parks and Recreation (I want to be the Leslie Knope of Columbus) or the CDA (Columbus Development Authority) which I have always liked.  Actually the CDA was my first choice of all boards and I inquired a few years ago about getting on that board.

The CDA has to do with business but they also "assist in marketing the City of Columbus"  which is what Columbus really needs.

I have not found what Parks and Recreation actually do but I do like parks,  and recreation is always fun so . . . . .

And I have not ruled out of running again for City Council.  My problem there is this blog which can be problematic at times as I voice my inner thoughts to the world on one hour of sleep.   Now I know how Mitt Romney felt . . . . well a little  LOL

SO - the city government has not heard the last of me.  My other political blog will become the REAL Truth In Columbus Politics.  I am so happy for the good changes that are happening in city government and I feel that FINALLY we can start moving in the right (slightly left) direction and start caring more for the people that live in Columbus.  I hope.   

I do want to say thank you to Bob Link as he worked very hard at being mayor and many people appreciate his work.  He came in at a time when we needed some calmness.  I did not always agree with his views but his work ethic was outstanding and disagreeing is never a bad thing.

Thanks Bob.

As for the new people.

Kelly Crombie - I'm not sure I agree with everything he has to say either but we shall see how it goes.  I like him as a person and wish him all the luck.

Micheal Thom.  I got to know Micheal very well.  He is much further left then I am but has energy and I think he will do very well and really wants to clean up the infrastructure of the city.

Aaron Adams - not really a politician but has a good logical common sense head and is the voice of calm and has an entrepreneur brain which is such a huge bonus. 

I think we have turned an important corner and things are looking good for Columbus.
 **********
OH - West James Gallery has moved. They are next door to where they used to be and I visited the new home yesterday and it's REALLY cool.  Much better then the old place.  A little smaller but I really liked the layout.  

I took a couple photos of where the new Enerpac will be going.





Have a great weekend.
Rod    







Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Seasons over and a retrospective.
    WOW - Saturday was the last art fair of the year and yesterday was my first day after fair season.  I felt rather lost.  All of a sudden I h...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ▼  April (13)
      • It's been a long time!
      • Game Changer
      • Rain Rain Go Away - AND CLOUDS
      • NEWS from Columbus
      • First Wort Hopping
      • blah blah
      • New Toys Arriving Daily
      • Crazy wind last night
      • The Delicate Sound of Thunder - John Axford
      • Rainy Monday
      • Not Broken
      • Sour grapes? Hell yea. And I apologize
      • FULL IMMERSION SPORTS
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ►  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile