Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Sour grapes? Hell yea. And I apologize

Posted on 6:28 PM by Unknown

Anybody that knows me knows that I wear my emotions on my sleeve and yea - I was pissed.  More at myself actually for felling . . . pissed.

I don't believe you can fault me for feeling angry though.  If you lose an election OF COURSE you are angry, if you are not, perhaps you should not have run.  I felt I was a better choice - obviously. I believe the voters made a mistake.  Does this sound arrogant?  Probably but if I thought I was NOT the better choice . . . . why run.  LOL  Seems logical.

Dave Bomcamp is a nice guy and I have nothing personal against him at all.  I don't appreciate his politics but I'm sure he does not appreciate mine either - we agree to disagree. Well, I agree to disagree with him, I don't know what he is agreeing too . . . . or disagreeing either.

What really did surprise me was how my brain was completely messed up after the loss. WTF!!

I guess when it's the first thing I have ever run for in my life I was not prepared to what emotions win OR lose I was going to have. 

I do apologize to anyone I offended earlier in the day - getting one hour of sleep will do that.  I believe I was blowing off some steam from a stressful few months.  And knowing that Dave (my opponent) was pretty much stress less through the entire thing made things even worse.

I almost wish I would have lost by more.  Getting 281 votes blew my mind and I thank all of you.I do feel I let people down though. which was yet another emotion I was dealing with. 


I tell ya - running for an office is not a fun thing at all. Now I see why I have never done it before.  The candidate forum  was freakishly stressful, walking the miles of roads with no sidewalks in the rain and snow knocking on doors. creating lit and so forth.  NOT FUN!

I know all the TICP was all jumping up and down with joy when they saw this morning blog which is what I would have been doing so I can't fault them at all. They worked hard to get the 318 votes.

I'll have more control over my emotions in future elections.

remember - all of you out there that might be saying I'm a loose canon with my emotions. Until you run for office you have know idea what your emotions will do.  I do now!  It was certainly a learning experience.

BACK THE THE OPTIMISTIC FUTURE!

which really is what it's all about right? 

And BTW - my dad really was a Mason - I have the ring and remember a few times as a kid on vacations when we needed help and the Mason came to the rescue.

and a cold air note - you can blame all of this cold air on Greenland.  I'll get into that at some point.  But there has been a huge mass of air over Greenland that pushes the jet stream which brings OUR cold air.


Rod 


Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...
  • Lincoln - AWESOME
    All good things come to an end.  Yesterday in the NBA I lost a big game in my Chase.  O'well.  Here is my graph now. Still in the black ...

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ▼  April (13)
      • It's been a long time!
      • Game Changer
      • Rain Rain Go Away - AND CLOUDS
      • NEWS from Columbus
      • First Wort Hopping
      • blah blah
      • New Toys Arriving Daily
      • Crazy wind last night
      • The Delicate Sound of Thunder - John Axford
      • Rainy Monday
      • Not Broken
      • Sour grapes? Hell yea. And I apologize
      • FULL IMMERSION SPORTS
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ►  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile