Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Crazy wind last night

Posted on 5:34 AM by Unknown
Crazy wind last night. We have street signs down in our area.  Sadly we have had so much cloud cover lately that the solar battery on my weather station has dried up. We have rain and showers forecast every day but one for the next 10 days.   yuck.

Last night Columbus only received 0.40 inches of rain. phhhht  why even bother.
-------------------------------------------


Remember yesterday when I was trying to figure out how to get Brandon Moss into my fantasy teams line-up?  I decided to take a chance and sit Braun down thinking the Brewers would get rained out.  Well, the Brewers DID get rained out and Moss went 3-for-4 with a homer, a triple, two walks, two runs and five RBI's.

At the moment my team is 16-2.

---------------------------------------------

DJ and I are dreaming of a big vacation to Europe in a few years, a Rick Steves tour.  I really hated the idea of a "tour" but after looking at HIS tours we changed our minds as they are small groups on a huge bus.

ANYWAY - our hero is on a personal tour in Egypt and he is blogging about his adventure.  Rick, in his younger days was one of those dudes that traveled Europe in a van hippy-like and now as a grown-up he is sharing his adventures.

Here is a video he made of shopping in Cairo.

http://youtu.be/DYa0hj8ep8I


Best lines from hungry merchants.

“You’re breaking my heart.”
“How many camels for your woman?”
“Just look. No problem.”
“Can I sell you something you do not need?”
“No charge for looking.”
“Special price… 90 percent discount.”
“Come upstairs where we make things.”
“You are back! How can I take your money?”

I don't think I want to go to Egypt.

What we are finding interesting is that his tour tells you exactly how to travel on his trips as it is not for everyone.  All you get to bring is basically a back pack of stuff for 3 weeks.  Small local hotels normally in the middle of the cities you are visiting.  They say there is a good amount of walking.  Most tours keep you on the peripheral of the city but his tours you are in the heart so at night you can get out and see the REAL city, not the tourist city.

Enough of that though.

I need to get to work and apply to some art fairs today.

Cheers   
Rod 
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...
  • Lincoln - AWESOME
    All good things come to an end.  Yesterday in the NBA I lost a big game in my Chase.  O'well.  Here is my graph now. Still in the black ...

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ▼  April (13)
      • It's been a long time!
      • Game Changer
      • Rain Rain Go Away - AND CLOUDS
      • NEWS from Columbus
      • First Wort Hopping
      • blah blah
      • New Toys Arriving Daily
      • Crazy wind last night
      • The Delicate Sound of Thunder - John Axford
      • Rainy Monday
      • Not Broken
      • Sour grapes? Hell yea. And I apologize
      • FULL IMMERSION SPORTS
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ►  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile