Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Thursday, March 28, 2013

WARP

Posted on 6:52 AM by Unknown
Probably not the best time for Amanda Knox to take a European vacation. We were wondering if the U.S. was on the list for extraditing to Italy.  Someone mentioned that perhaps her lawyers should create a list of all the countries that she could NOT be extradited, a extraditing list.

So I thought maybe this would be a good thing to have for ALL countries.  You know, a list for each country and what countries you would have to go to so you could not be extradited.  Make it an Excel spreadsheet of all countries and where you would have to go . . . . just in case.

Then it was mentioned that perhaps this is something, if you are trying to get elected, to not tell people that you have.  A list of countries you can't get extradited to.   Good point. 
--------------------------------------------        

So here is the thing about Lohse.  His WARP (Wins above Replacement Player) is 1.? so he will give the Brewers one extra win.  One win for a major league team is worth 5 million dollars in increased revenue (I bet you did not know that).  So his $10 mil a year contract is cut in half IF he performs at what PECOTA estimates say he will.

Did you know that PECOTA* was invented by Nate Silvers of FiveThirtyEight.com?

*PECOTA = Player Empirical Comparison and Optimization Test Algorithm  -  a system for forecasting Major League Baseball player performance by fitting a given player's past performance statistics to the performance of "comparable" Major League ballplayers by means of similarity scores. 

-------------------------------------------------------

And then there is Lyndon Johnson - that dude was a riot at parties.


 ----------------------------------------------------------


34 years ago today - Three Mile Island.  If you don't know what that is you are way to young.




-----------------------------------------------------------

I really want to go here.



---------------------------------------



Grinder
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...
  • Lincoln - AWESOME
    All good things come to an end.  Yesterday in the NBA I lost a big game in my Chase.  O'well.  Here is my graph now. Still in the black ...

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ▼  March (13)
      • Bob Poser - Major League Ball Player
      • WARP
      • We need more Novelty Art
      • Kyle Lohse? Really? sigh. Another Cardinal castoff
      • The B-52's
      • 2013 Heine Ride Announcement
      • Five Years Ago Yesterday
      • An entirely different kind of exhaustion
      • Sharks are people too.
      • This years plan landscaping plan.
      • Road Trip Across Europe?
      • Columbus council members speak up
      • OMG
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ►  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile