Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Five Years Ago Yesterday

Posted on 7:10 AM by Unknown
First photo.
It was five years ago yesterday that I started a blog post called "16 hours - The Search for Johnny Depp".

And all hell broke loose.  The very first photo of Johnnie Depp arriving in Columbus to be broadcast around the world , people screaming outside Josh and Jennies house, girls with light jackets on shivering in the cold for 16+ straight hours.

Thousands of spectators from literally around the world ringing Columbus saying what an amazing town this is.

As I was walking around taking photos I met a woman who was also taking shots. Her name was (and still is) Michelle Martin.

I believe that in the entire town of Columbus Michelle and I are the only two people that took the ball and ran with it from the filming of Public Enemies and we have become success stories.

Now the movie is barely a blip on the movie radar and I feel Columbus dropped the ball on this one.  Once again, let's not brag and call attention to ourselves.   DRIVES ME CRAZY!!

A major motion picture closes the town for 2 weeks, the #1 R rated mobster movie of all time staring Johnnie Depp  and  - zip - nothing.

The little town afraid of success.

Remember all the players we were talking about?  What have they done in the last 5 years.

Johnnie Depp - 9 movies and 4 in post or pre production.  The one I'm really waiting for now is The Lone Ranger which looks outstanding.

Link to trailer - looks GREAT

Michael Mann - director did one more movie and two TV series. The ill fated LUCK and Witness

Bob Wagner - 1st asst Director, remember him? that high strung guy that yelled at everybody (including Grahm man and I in Oshkosh) - he contacted me a few months after filming and said the cast would read my blog and while it was not always 100% accurate it was always entertaining.

He's been 1st asst Director in two movies since PE, Social Network and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

I could go on an on but that would take many many pages. Anyway - to relive that first day, and what got me mentioned in Vanity Fair.

16 hours - The Search for Johnny Depp 4:00 to 6:45

16 hours - The Search for Johnny Depp 7:00- 8:30

16 hours - The Search for Johnny Depp 9:30 - 12:45ish

16 hours - The Search for Johnny Depp 1:00 tp 6:00 

16 hours - The Search for Johnny Depp 6:00 to Frozen

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many of my friends were all excited over the new season of The Walking Dead.  I was not that excited because I'm not a Zombie sort of guy.  Along with vampires and other things of that nature.

But I was looking at Netflix and I saw The Walking Dead and with nothing else to do  I thought I would watch it for 10 minutes just to get an idea of what it was all about.

I AM HOOKED!!!

It has received a number of award nominations, including a Writers Guild of America Award and a Golden Globe Award nomination for Best Television Series Drama and has become the most-watched basic cable drama telecast in history.

The basic premise is a sheriff's deputy Rick Grimes, awakens from a coma to find a post-apocalyptic world dominated by flesh-eating "walkers", resembling zombies. He sets out to find his family and encounters many other survivors along the way.

Here is a cool thing - the entire production is paper-free.  The production strives to be "green" in every way including little things like reducing vehicle idling.

I can't wait to watch another episode.

That's it for today - gotta run

Rod  

Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...
  • Lincoln - AWESOME
    All good things come to an end.  Yesterday in the NBA I lost a big game in my Chase.  O'well.  Here is my graph now. Still in the black ...

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ▼  March (13)
      • Bob Poser - Major League Ball Player
      • WARP
      • We need more Novelty Art
      • Kyle Lohse? Really? sigh. Another Cardinal castoff
      • The B-52's
      • 2013 Heine Ride Announcement
      • Five Years Ago Yesterday
      • An entirely different kind of exhaustion
      • Sharks are people too.
      • This years plan landscaping plan.
      • Road Trip Across Europe?
      • Columbus council members speak up
      • OMG
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ►  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile