Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

We need more Novelty Art

Posted on 7:57 AM by Unknown
Don't ya hate it when you see someone texting and driving?





--------------------------------

OMG - I finished Book two of what is called The Ender Wiggin Saga.  Book one is Enders Game( In order to develop a secure defense against a hostile alien race's next attack, government agencies breed child geniuses and train them as soldiers.). Where just when you think it the book has reached a climax the second climax hits you like a ton of bricks and really makes you think about your beliefs.

Then the second book, Speaker for the Dead, which is nothing at all like the first book (first book was actually a prequel) grabs you. This one takes place 3000 years later but centers around Ender Wiggin ( The planet Lusitania is home to a small Portuguese colony, a newly discovered sentient race called the Pequininos, the last surviving Hive Queen of the Buggers (book 1), and Descolada, a virus that will destroy the human race if it gets off-planet.) And this book puts you though a ton of emotions.

Now I MUST read book #3, Xenocide.  I rarely if ever read a series of books back to back.  I think normally I need to change the style of writing but I'm also reading Trading Bases (A Story About Wall Street, Gambling, and Baseball) and Principles of Urban Retail Planning and Development (just in case . . . ) so my reading thing is pretty varied at the moment.   Also reading Boom Town The 7-1/2 Keys to Big Success in Small Towns.

Actually Principles is interesting. I'm on the "city tree" section and why many times city street trees in the downtown area are NOT a good thing if they are the wrong kind of tree.  Although trees do have a positive impact on shopping if done correctly.  Also novelty art on downtown sidewalks create a positive shopping experience.

If you have ever been in downtown Sturgeon Bay it really does put a smile on your face. (can you see me proposing novelty art in Columbus?)  Large flower pots in the downtown area are a bonus adding color and life. Easy to take care of (Master Gardner's will take care of them for free).

ANYWAY - I'm coming to Chapter 8 - PARKING.

Sometimes I feel like IF elected I'll be 
-------------------------------------

OH - in sad news.  IN case you missed last nights City Council meeting, Alice Schmidt is retiring from all of her Historic groups and will no longer do the calendar.  The Mayor was awesome last night and gave her a hug and everyone applauded (not that he was giving her a hug but for her).

Now my job is to have her write articles for a Beaver Dam magazine that is trying to expand into Columbus. It's called Localeben. I'll have a 4 page spread in it this next month and Alice will hopefully have a column about Columbus in future issues.    

--------------------------------------

Rod
  


Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...
  • Lincoln - AWESOME
    All good things come to an end.  Yesterday in the NBA I lost a big game in my Chase.  O'well.  Here is my graph now. Still in the black ...

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ▼  March (13)
      • Bob Poser - Major League Ball Player
      • WARP
      • We need more Novelty Art
      • Kyle Lohse? Really? sigh. Another Cardinal castoff
      • The B-52's
      • 2013 Heine Ride Announcement
      • Five Years Ago Yesterday
      • An entirely different kind of exhaustion
      • Sharks are people too.
      • This years plan landscaping plan.
      • Road Trip Across Europe?
      • Columbus council members speak up
      • OMG
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ►  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile