Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Sharks are people too.

Posted on 7:30 AM by Unknown
I was watching Hawaii Five-0 last night and Ed Asner reprized his role as August March, a bad guy jewel thief from the 1975 Hawaii Five-0.  The show ended with him shooting a woman.  Anyway, I looked to see if he actually was on the how many years ago and WOW looking at his IMDP list of appearances it was like traveling back in time.



Speaking to time travel.  I was preparing my first group of mass mailings for THE CAMPAIGN and  watching "Looper".  I'm always a nut for "time travel" or "first contact" science fiction (I watched CONTACT (Jodie Foster) again for the 1st time in 10 years, great movie a few weeks ago).

Looper was interesting, I won't give away much but it's about a guys who's job is a Looper.

Time Travel has not been invented yet but in 30 years it is. So his (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) job is to execute bad guys that are sent back in time.

But sometimes the loop has to be closed so without knowing it they kill themselves and then get a ton of money and they can do whatever they want . . . for 30 years.  It gets a little twisty as he does not kill himself (Bruce Willis) but finally kills himself (Bruce Willis) later and then 30 years from now he comes back to try to not kill himself(Joseph Gordon-Levitt) again!





Of course there is Emily Blunt involved and a little kid that can blow up people by screaming and then at the end of the movie we see "Looper" has a entirely different meaning.

Oh - in case you were wondering, lots and lots of guns that can not hit the broad side of a barn.  Literally. They are made to not miss from 15 feet but can't hit anything from 15+ feet.

Well, Emily's can.







---------------------------------

This is a blast from the past (2009) and one of my all time favorite performances on American Idol.

Adam Lambert - Mad World.

http://youtu.be/PfR0JGWX62E


 --------------------------------

I'm looking into a joining a new Gallery on the Square in Madison. The pricing is just outside my comfort range but the clientele might be perfect.  I just don't know how much traffic or the particulars.  Plus I would like more space.  I'm going to meet with the people next week.

Since my high end work seems to be going towards offices and conference rooms and since downtown Madison is ripe with ultra high end lawyers . . . . . . . .seems like a fit.

---------------------------

Sort of laughing at what is happening in Florida. Kids and sharks.

Why do kids go to Florida for spring break?  Gulping down food, having sex and enjoying the warmth.  Well, thee have been thousands of sharks near the beaches in florida this week and the reasi they are there?  Gulping down food, having sex and enjoying the warmth.

In fact there are so many sharks that they are like standing in line waiting their turn.  They are actually backed up waiting for the other sharks to leave.

Sharks are temperature dependent and off the coast f Florida is perfect for what they want to do.  Sharks are people too!   But sharks are not big fans of nasty tasting humans and only bite by accident, not as a food source.  

this is why most shark attacks are not lethal. YUCK - spit out the human and move along!

So - in Florida  beware of sinkholes and sharks.

grinder

Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...
  • Lincoln - AWESOME
    All good things come to an end.  Yesterday in the NBA I lost a big game in my Chase.  O'well.  Here is my graph now. Still in the black ...

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ▼  March (13)
      • Bob Poser - Major League Ball Player
      • WARP
      • We need more Novelty Art
      • Kyle Lohse? Really? sigh. Another Cardinal castoff
      • The B-52's
      • 2013 Heine Ride Announcement
      • Five Years Ago Yesterday
      • An entirely different kind of exhaustion
      • Sharks are people too.
      • This years plan landscaping plan.
      • Road Trip Across Europe?
      • Columbus council members speak up
      • OMG
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ►  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile