Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Monday, March 11, 2013

This years plan landscaping plan.

Posted on 6:02 AM by Unknown
Thanks Callie - good suggestions.  I've heard of Brugge.

BTW - if there are any armchair travelers out there Rick Steves has a GREAT GREAT free app for ipod and iPad call . . . Rick Steves Audio Europe. Pretty impressive for free. hundreds (literally) of have hour tours.
-----------------------
Lots of rain this past weekend.  1.54 inches to be exact and the precipitation race is starting to be a run away. 


 This month we see a rapid rise in temperatures in the area.


 ----------------------------------------

I'm pretty sure my friend adubya that moved to NY to be with his loved one (while abandoning his male friends) will either have these OR , has them already - Google Glasses. A augmented reality wearable computer with a head-mounted display.  Hey - I would have them in a second if they cost $25.  However there is one small problem.

A bar in Seattle has posted a message on their FB page

"For the record, The 5 Point is the first Seattle business to ban in advance Google Glasses. And  ass kickings will be encouraged for violators."

Of course he will probably wear this on the golf course to find yardage WHILE wearing an UnderArmor touchscreen T-Shirt which is still a year away.

Fascinating interview with inventor of UnderArmor - wow - talk about a guy with an idea that became a billionair in 10 years.

An NFL football player said a t-shirt weights 6 ounces dry but 2 pounds wet.  Why not build a t-shirt out of woman's lingerie that will not soak up water.  Now - he is getting close to challenging Nike for market share.


BUT WAIT - there is more - how about a dress that turns clear when you get turned on.  Wait . . I suppose it's when SHE gets turned on and is made out of opaque smart e-foils. When the body gets excited and the heart races, the coils turn clear.



 I don't know - I think there might be some draw backs on this idea.  I'm not exactly sure how well this will sell.

How about this little baby!

This will take a photo every 30 seconds ALL DAY LONG!!   careful in the bathroom! 
------------------------------------------------------

If you are looking for what we (Dj and I) have been up too . . .we are boring.   The fun news is that we are ordering a few trees this year.  A Black Hills Spruce for the south corner of our lot since the golf course decided to let the Japanese beetles kill their tree so there is an opening.

This is a wonderful little woods we are creating. Our neighbors have 2 trees, the golf course still have two and we will have 3 birch and a spruce.  A bird haven and golf ball stopper.  Another Heritage River Birch will be added to the back yard.  Plus on the east side of our house we're putting another Summer Ninebark, three Neon Flash Spireas and two Fineline Buckhorns.  The east side finally gets worked on this year.

Then we're going to move one of our Goldmound Spirea from the bottom of the deck to the corner and add another clematis going up the deck.

McKay's had a suggestion for three French Lace Weigela but those need full sun (at least 6 hours) and I think they are stretching the position so that spot still needs some ideas. The problem is that  Fineline Buckhorns might look weird all by themselves. I'll have to see how much sun that area gets.

So that's the plan. 



Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...
  • Lincoln - AWESOME
    All good things come to an end.  Yesterday in the NBA I lost a big game in my Chase.  O'well.  Here is my graph now. Still in the black ...

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ▼  March (13)
      • Bob Poser - Major League Ball Player
      • WARP
      • We need more Novelty Art
      • Kyle Lohse? Really? sigh. Another Cardinal castoff
      • The B-52's
      • 2013 Heine Ride Announcement
      • Five Years Ago Yesterday
      • An entirely different kind of exhaustion
      • Sharks are people too.
      • This years plan landscaping plan.
      • Road Trip Across Europe?
      • Columbus council members speak up
      • OMG
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ►  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile