Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Friday, November 16, 2012

The Coming War with China

Posted on 7:10 AM by Unknown
Ferrari S70 - zero to sixty in 2.3 seconds.  You don't  even have time to pucker.  900 horsepower.   I believe this will be my next car.  I hope I can put a trailer hitch on it.
-------------------------------

CLASS   CLASS!!!!

Gave my 1st presentation to the Columbus Middle School (6th grade art class) yesterday and all was well.  Today's presentation will be better as I know have a clue of what 6th graders are interested in with my stuff.   90% were loving what I was saying and 10% were SOOOO BORED!!!   LOL
---------------- 

While the Tea Party right wingers are REALLY interested in who is having sex with who in Washington and the Tea Party 9 in Wisconsin are calling on King Walker to arrest federal judges (seriously that are) something , under the radar has been quietly happening in the South China seas fort the last year.

You see China has been stealthy claiming ownership of the HUGE, strategically vital petroleum rich South and East China seas. And quietly (I guess not REAL quietly) the Pentagon has been slowly but deliberately moving more and more "resources" to the Pacific.

Already six Carriers are in the area.  The B-1 bomber will receive new extended-range air-to-surface missiles next year.  Guam is getting refurbished and fixed up.  At the moment Australia ahs 250 Marines and will expand to 2500 and four brand new Littoral Combat Ships will be cruising around the shores of Singapore.     hmmmmmmmm!

Notice Obama is taking a little trip to South East Asia soon.  China is watching closely.

----------------------------

PLEASE NOTE - in the comments there is a rebuttal to the below which seems logical.  HEY - just repeating what was told to me by some angry people yesterday (as I was complaining about a parking ticket I had received).   SO - take the below with a grain of salt and thank you for correcting me.   Never a problem being correct!! 

Check out this awesome map.  If cost tax payers in Columbus $1800 to advertise for the Chamber of Commerce.  They told the City Council that it was to bring business to Columbus.  Notice that unless you pay $$ to Chamber you are not mentioned.

I thought that since you had to pay dues to Chamber they would not have to spend Columbus tax dollars to fund themselves.  If all the business that are NOT in Chamber for various reason (like funding the Republican Party) asked the City Council for $1800, would they get it?  I hope so. From the sound of it it might happen.

I know I don't want MY tax dollar going for this map.  OH - the other side lists all of the Chamber companies.       

I'm not anti-map but this is clearly just an advertisement and I do not believe I should have to pay for it UNLESS, other non-chamber businesses are mentioned.   What are they doing with their dues anyway.  I HOPE Main Street Org will receive $1800 also.










But the real news is that Hostess has liquidated and you will never see Twinkies, Cup Cakes, Ding Dongs, Ho Hos, Sno Bals and the like ever again.  SA IT AINT SO!!!  

-----------------
Sunday Night - PBS - Ken Burns  THE DUST BOWL!!!   I saw clips and it looks really interesting
----------------
Five Hour Energy Drink - Come on good grief.  OK - they are investigating 13 deaths allegedly from Five Hour Energy Drink.  While I'm sorry for the loss do you know how much of this is consumed?  In four years 1 billion four hundred thirty million little drinks have been consumed.  And the big worry is from 13 alleged deaths?   Over one million a day are swallowed.

You have a 1 in one hundred eleven million chance of allegedly dieing every time you consume one.  Do you think there are other things we might be exploring.  How many people have died from swallowing their iPads!!     Just sayin'.

---------------------

Rod Out


TWINKIES
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Seasons over and a retrospective.
    WOW - Saturday was the last art fair of the year and yesterday was my first day after fair season.  I felt rather lost.  All of a sudden I h...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ▼  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ▼  November (14)
      • Birds and Mouses
      • Faith and Butter
      • Lincoln - AWESOME
      • Walker? Really? Come on!
      • The Coming War with China
      • Roman Nose
      • Cracky it's cold!
      • Hire from within.
      • NO!!! - NOT THE FISCAL CLIFF
      • Last Night - Too funny
      • The beginning of the end for the GOP
      • I live
      • Weather
      • I'll never buy a car from Jon Lancaster again.
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ►  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile