Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Monday, March 5, 2012

Posted on 7:51 AM by Unknown
WELL - I hope people remember how I was right on THAT storm. Putting a bright side on 200 tornadoes. I wonder if it is good for the economy. All those homes have to be rebuilt and furniture and so forth. I'm just curious.

Say good bye to the winter 2012 and hello to flu season, which I was told is ramping up now.

Yea - that was it for winter, today's the last day. After today we will be in the 50s, upper 40s and then 50s again for the next ten days and by that time we will be in middle March. Sure, maybe another snow fall but one day events and rapid melting.
------------------------------

Had yet another Party Pig disaster. Pigged some big ale. Had a small leak when the bladder expanded but I tightened it all up and waited for 2 hours, no leaks, all was good.

Took the pig into my office and we were good to go. Went out and when I got home . . . hmmmmm . . .smells like a brewery in here. Walked into my room . . . oh crap. 2.5 gallons of beer were all over my carpet. It's a gasket problem. I've been plagued with gasket problems lately. Pigs are great when they work as advertised and a nightmare when they don't.
--------------------------------

Rush Rush Rush. I wish I was an advertiser for Rush Limbaugh so I could pull my advertising. What a total ass that waste of fluid is. Here is a list of the advertisers still behind Rush.

Tax Resolution Services [TRS], Lifelock, Hillsdale College, Health/Heart and Body, Allstate Insurance, AOL, and Lear Capital The Precious Metal Leaders.

Clear Channel has taken down the page that lists all the stations that play Rush's garbage.

Let's see, OxyContin addiction, Hydrocodon addiction, Lorcet Abuse (out of rehab for the 3rd time), fired from ESPN for racially insensitive remarks and currently being investigated for money laundering by Florida State and Federal officials.  Yet the neo-cons love him!

OH - his apology to woman in general is not being accepted. So far ProFlowers, Quicken Loans, Sleep Train and Sleep Number, Citrix, Carbonite and LegalZoom have all pulled ad's. Stick it Limbaugh! What's your wife say about all this, OH yea - she is to busy pressing an aspirin between her knees as birth control.
--------------------------------

Went to see The Artist yesterday. I tell ya - it is a totally different movie experience, no multi-tasking. Lots of outstanding little things to watch for. Did I like it? Well, only that it was different. It was no Shutter Island (which is way way way good and not at all what I expected).  DJ loved it, I thought it was  . . nice.

Lindsay Lohan (a real actor) . . . . (sorry, I made myself laugh) was on SNL Saturday night and she was in the very first Debbie Downer skit, here is it. . . . . not sure why it's backwards but . .

http://youtu.be/Y7bf-3uL2gg




------------------------
DJ and I were mentioned on a post on facebook from Tradewinds Cottage. So I dug up all of my old shots.

Here is one from the balcony of our cottage.


Have a good good good day!

Rod
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Seasons over and a retrospective.
    WOW - Saturday was the last art fair of the year and yesterday was my first day after fair season.  I felt rather lost.  All of a sudden I h...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ▼  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ▼  March (15)
      • Contempory Art Sucks!
      • Find the cat.
      • Hunger Game of Thrones!
      • Better
      • blah
      • Big Saturday Night
      • The Great American Time Machine Experiment - and G...
      • The end is nigh!
      • Sex is fun, for liberals! Just a lot of work for n...
      • Stuff to fill in the time waiting for SLOW governm...
      • St. John Adventure redue!
      • Veganizm
      • Politics and DUC faces two theft charges
      • WELL - I hope people remember how I was right on T...
      • First Robin
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ►  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile