Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Thursday, March 15, 2012

The end is nigh!

Posted on 6:25 AM by Unknown
HEY - anybody know of a 3 bedroom apartment or house for rent? One is needed ASAP. Contact me if you know of one. 
 ----------------------------------
I'm not sure if I shared this or not.

Jenny made a YouTube Video of Caydence doing her signs! She is so smart.

Sydney (1), who is little miss grumpy but has a quick sense of humor was being cranky and she always likes to have some Cheerios to make her happy. Well Caydence thought she should help and was signing cereal, cereal to DJ and Jenny last night. Smart Girl.




OH - here is Sydney at her first birthday party.  She missed her mouth.

 --------------------------------------

Only 7 more days of record highs, then we drop down to only 20 degrees above average   brrrrrrrr!  DJ has some friends taking off to Hawaii today where it's 2 degrees warmer.

It was awesome sleeping with the windows open, listening to the frog.  Do frogs really freeze in the winter?  Is that an old wives tail?  I had to look up worms and what happens when you chop them in half.

On a side note I remember hearing about Tibetan Monks who were building a chapel or church or what ever they are call and they realize they were hurting worms.  Well, can't have that, so they made a rule that no worm would be harmed when digging the hole and however long it took, they would save every worm and take it to a new home. 


-----------------------------------------


Think about it.

On December 21, 2012, the earth will complete a wobble on its axis, known as precession. 


On 12/21/2012, the sun, Earth and the center of the Milky Way Galaxy align in an event that happens only once every 26,000 years or so. It's amazing to think how the Mayans knew this over 3,000 years ago. 

 Here is something to chew on  and to make you feel insignificant.   Look at this photo. 


This HUDF image was taken in a section of the sky with a low density of bright stars in the near-field, allowing much better viewing of dimmer, more distant objects. The image contains an estimated 10,000 galaxies. In August and September 2009, the Hubble's Deep Field was expanded using the infrared channel of the recently attached Wide Field Camera 3. When combined with existing HUDF data, astronomers were able to identify a new list of potentially very distant galaxies.

This image is just one-tenth of the diameter of the full Moon as viewed from Earth, smaller than a 1 mm by 1 mm square of paper held at 1 meter away, and equal to roughly one thirteen-millionth of the total area of the sky.

So, in one thirteenth millionth of the area of the sky there are over 10,000 GALAXIES like our own Milky Way with its BILLIONS of stars like our Sun.

Of course if the earth end because of those pesky Mayans we will not have to worry about the upcoming Unix Millennium Bug. A very real problem no one is talking about yet.

The problem will affect all software and systems that both store system time as a signed 32-bit integer, and interpret this number as the number of seconds since 00:00:00 UTC on Thursday, 1 January 1970.

The furthest time that can be represented this way is 03:14:07 UTC on Tuesday, 19 January 2038. So at that time all computers will reset their internal clocks to 00:00:00 UTC on Thursday, 1 January 1970.

Of course you say that by that time no one will nave 32 bit computers. Yea - Well the State of Wisconsin has many programs running on software that was written in BAL a very very VERY old software language that is like 30 years old and only a few people know BAL (I was trained in BAL).

I think KnowItAll will be called back to work for the State to rewrite  all of those assembler programs!

--------------------------------------

And one last thing - Afghanistan.  With that recent massacre everyone was waiting for huge riots and after 24 hours nothing substantial had happened.   I feel the reason is that the average Afghans is not stupid. They know that this was one nut job. Not something the United States condones (like burning the Quran I guess). Plus, the Taliban massacre people all the time, it's a common thing.

I did have to laugh though when I saw them burning a cross. Did they think we would get all worked up about that?

BTW - I LOVE this saying

Spirituality is for people seeking answers. Religion is for people seeking rewards.

Have a great Thursday  -  GO BADGERS!!!
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...
  • Lincoln - AWESOME
    All good things come to an end.  Yesterday in the NBA I lost a big game in my Chase.  O'well.  Here is my graph now. Still in the black ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ▼  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ▼  March (15)
      • Contempory Art Sucks!
      • Find the cat.
      • Hunger Game of Thrones!
      • Better
      • blah
      • Big Saturday Night
      • The Great American Time Machine Experiment - and G...
      • The end is nigh!
      • Sex is fun, for liberals! Just a lot of work for n...
      • Stuff to fill in the time waiting for SLOW governm...
      • St. John Adventure redue!
      • Veganizm
      • Politics and DUC faces two theft charges
      • WELL - I hope people remember how I was right on T...
      • First Robin
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ►  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile