Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

it ain't over

Posted on 5:59 AM by Unknown
Good thing I stay up until like midnight to find out who won!

At least I know one guy who won and a big Congratulations go out to incumbent Mayor Bob Link. It was a landslide! Although no one ran against him which I have to wonder, when the last time a Columbus Mayor did not have to actually worry about winning. Seriously - when was the last time?  We have had a new Mayor every two years since the late 1800's.  He must be doing something right . . . .or in Columbus terms . . . he must not be doing everything wrong!  I know from my point of view he has ruined Columbus as nothing funny ever happens anymore.

In fact I think he is the worst Mayor ever - no one ever talks about our little town, once again we are forgotten. I think he has to do something completely outlandish and bone headed to get us on the map again. get people talking about Columbus.  We need more conversations like "Did you hear what Columbus did THIS time?"    BUT NOOOOOO!    The biggest controversy has been having to use clear garbage bags!  WOW - that will get people talking. 

Then there there is this whole other election between Prosser(sp?) and that b*tch (his words not mine)Klopperberger(sp?) who I voted for. Yea - I can see this one taking a while!

Madison as a new old (in many ways) Mayor.  Ewodd can now claim he has picked more winners in his ONE TIME VOTING then I have in my entire life (OK OK - I did vote for that foreigner Obama). 

-----------------------------------

Couple more photos from Monday. The first is of the Braves pitcher Beachy.  Not bad from a LONG WAY AWAY with a 105mm lens.

HE'S OFF THE RUBBER!!!!


And we did a walk about in the 6th inning and I got this shot from a different vantage point - BTW - the photo yesterday of Miller Park is great for background on your computer - I really like that one!

And - I like that dudes head shot on the left - sort of Norman Rockwellish. 

-------------------------------------------

I suppose I should go into work at some point - no one has contacted me so everything must be going smoothly . . . or nothing is getting done and all is normal.   Hard to tell.   I do miss people at work though - weird.  You work with people everyday and value their strangeness (it always made me feel much more sane then I probably am).  Seriously though I do miss the companionship, the bickering and cutting down of management and buffoonery of the people giving you assignments!

hmmmmmm

My you tube video of the day is ROCKIN - Steven Tyler and Carrie Underwood at the AMA! WALK THIS WAY!

Talk about an Ameican Dream - do ya think Carrie Underwood would have ever imagined beign on stage with Tyler at an awards show!?

Of even Tyler ever thinking he would be performing at a Country Music Award show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcYz1xT3dYI





so have a good Wednesday (is that what day it is?) .

Rod
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Seasons over and a retrospective.
    WOW - Saturday was the last art fair of the year and yesterday was my first day after fair season.  I felt rather lost.  All of a sudden I h...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ▼  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ▼  April (11)
      • Not enough time to be retired!
      • Gravity Waves, Brewers & Sarah Palins Easter Celeb...
      • All My Children gets the axe.
      • Happy tax day.
      • whacko beggars and neurosurgeons
      • Trains End Supper Club
      • String Cheese - YUMMO
      • Monday April 10th the day after summer.
      • it ain't over
      • Honor Flight
      • No Blood Was Spilled
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile