Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Not enough time to be retired!

Posted on 8:09 AM by Unknown
Who knew not working for the government would be so time consuming!

I attended the Columbus Business Roundtable this morning which was at  . . At Home Again, a new senior living facility. Beautiful place and I can't wait to move in. I'll have photos of the place . . . soon . . . . .but I'm all of a sudden even more rushed today.

You see tomorrow is a big day - no no no it's not the Royal Wedding. I'm not going to see a lot of that, I get way to emotional and I'll be in Portage hanging 18 images at the Trails End Lounge. The Portage version of The Capri! The problem is that I still have 5 photos to frame and I also need to write an Artist Statement AND something for the newspaper.

The rush is that I put off the final stuff to today and I just get a call from Cannery Wine and Spirits to come in and work this afternoon in an emergency. Plus TONIGHT I have home brew club! sigh

ANYWAY - another thing to mention are a few more new things that will be happening in Cbus. There will be a new Saturday Farmers Market starting June 11. The place will be that old gas station on Ludington amd W. Mills Street. Sort of a square cement building that has been vacant for 13 years!

Check out their website Our Market Columbus

It'll be open all year (only weekends at the moment).

Another store opening VERY soon is a buy and sell place.  Not exactly sure but it's downtown somewhere!  I got the feeling it was not a normal junky buy/sell.
-------------------------------------
SO - to answer a few questions -

yes  Boyd Crowder is my hero - I love that guy.   He was actually meant to be killed in season one of that great show Justified because Walton Goggins had other shows to take care of. But then people loved him so much and his role was so delicious he dropped everything to come back and he was only wounded and then found God . . . in his own strange peacefully violent way !

------------------------------------

Sarah Palin - I PRAY she runs for President - it would be one of the funniest times in American history!   I love clueless quitters, sorry, she is just a fruit cake waiting to happen.
----------------------------------------

Did you know that Ted Thompson is AMAZING at drafting?  He has drafted 58 players and 46 of those players have played in regulation games for the Packers or some other team!  That is AMAZING!!! 
-----------------------------------------

Any Nyjer Morgon fans out there?  The back-up outfielder for the Brewers.  He has a TWITTER alter-ego he calls "Tony Plush" and he is hilarious!!  The guy should write a book.   If you follow the Brewers it makes more sense as he TWEETS about the games! 

"Plush could not deny that the bruise had taken on the multi-colored madness of a Pollock. But he himself could see no divine intervention."

"Nothing happened. Plush decided a DL stint was like being locked in a Chekhov story, minus the profound mysteries. There was only sadness." 

"Plush is getting tired of sitting on the bench. He just asked Coach Roenicke if he could manage for an inning. Coach ignored him."



Check out Tony Plush  on Twitter

Went to the Brewer game yesterday - I'll have more photos but this is taking to much time as it is.  This is big enough for your background on the computer . . if you want it.  Yea - it was pouring rain!   Thank goodness I have now seen the Brewers lose TWICE to the Reds!! 


I gotta get moving - sorry

Cheers! 
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...
  • Lincoln - AWESOME
    All good things come to an end.  Yesterday in the NBA I lost a big game in my Chase.  O'well.  Here is my graph now. Still in the black ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ▼  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ▼  April (11)
      • Not enough time to be retired!
      • Gravity Waves, Brewers & Sarah Palins Easter Celeb...
      • All My Children gets the axe.
      • Happy tax day.
      • whacko beggars and neurosurgeons
      • Trains End Supper Club
      • String Cheese - YUMMO
      • Monday April 10th the day after summer.
      • it ain't over
      • Honor Flight
      • No Blood Was Spilled
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile