Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Monday, April 18, 2011

Happy tax day.

Posted on 6:01 AM by Unknown
Happy tax day.   Why is it people are SO angry at paying taxes anyway!  Do they realize that Americans are paying historically low taxes?  Do they not actually understand how civilization works?  There are a lot of different kinds of tax - one is property tax which I THOUGHT the Cheesehead Pharaoh Walker said was not going to rise, yet now I see they are.   hmmmmm

Of course you have the Voluntaryists, Individualist anarchists, objectivists, anarcho-capitalists, and libertarians seeing taxation as government aggression as we are forced to pay taxes (like we would pay if we did not have too).

As Franklin Roosevelt said "Taxes, after all, are dues that we pay for the privileges of membership in an organized society".

Or what about teachers, those money-grubbing thieves. Did you know that teachers "do not pay one cent of tax". YEA - who knew! Daniel Walker a Tea Party member clarified: "They get paid by our taxes and then they pay their taxes. So it's really like they don't pay any taxes at all."

WOW - this has to be looked into more deeply!!
--------------------------------

Worked at Cannery yesterday and I want to know where everybody was - I sold about a QUARTER of what I normally sell on a Sunday. D. E. A. D.   So where was everybody! Friday and Saturday were busy but Sunday? I had a chance to see BOTH Brewer games on TV, I could actually watch them, I was begging for customers to take me out of my nightmare (they lost both).

But I was able to play my new record by an old diamond in the rough musical group.  The Faith Tones.  I believe it was a fitness workout record!






A comment from the J-Walk Blog

I was a big fan back in the 60s, and played that album daily. I couldn't decide which one I liked best: Frances (the "cute Faith Tone"), Francine (the "pudgy Faith Tone"), or Franny ("the slut").

A few years ago, Toad sent me some FT bootleg recordings from a failed "come-back" tour in 1972. Unfortunately, the sound quality was bad, and it seemed like they had lost their edge.
Rumor has it that Franny went on to become a successful Jay Leno impersonator in Vegas. It's probably not true.

Any other Faith Tones fans?
------------------------------------------

We purchased a new Whirlpool washing machine Saturday.  It's pretty cool.  When you put clothes in it will weigh what is in it and adjust the water level accordingly saving water AND mankind. 

It's all computerized and for some reason I let my guard down and I believe for the very first time in my life I purchased an extended warranty.   Here is the thing.  Last week all of our yard lights blew out and when I went out to look the metal AROUND the lights were bent out!  Peeled back!!!  WHAT UP WITH THAT!!  All the lights burn out at the same time peeling the metal back?  

So the washer guy says that if there is some electrical surge and it fries the electronics. I'm screwed unless I have the extended warranty.  Add the Elwood TV  blowing out and  I'm on an electrical edge. . . .so I purchased it.  DAMN ME!!!!    
A Whirlpool washer has a 22% chance of needing repairs in the next three years!  Plus we do get preventative maintenance once a year for three years . . . I'm sure they figure we will forget . . But I programmed it on my iPhone (which has broken glass) so . . . . . . . HA!!!!  

It's 5.0 cubic feet and the guy asked if we had any children - I said know but we do have a dog, he would fit in it.  I don't know, should I call child protection on this guy? 
----------------------------------------------

Have a wonderful week - it'll only be like 18 degrees below normal!  AWESOME!!  

Cheers
Rod

 
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Seasons over and a retrospective.
    WOW - Saturday was the last art fair of the year and yesterday was my first day after fair season.  I felt rather lost.  All of a sudden I h...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ▼  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ▼  April (11)
      • Not enough time to be retired!
      • Gravity Waves, Brewers & Sarah Palins Easter Celeb...
      • All My Children gets the axe.
      • Happy tax day.
      • whacko beggars and neurosurgeons
      • Trains End Supper Club
      • String Cheese - YUMMO
      • Monday April 10th the day after summer.
      • it ain't over
      • Honor Flight
      • No Blood Was Spilled
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile