Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Scott Walker LOL

Posted on 6:34 AM by Unknown
I have to laugh at Walker. I guess he wrote a rather aggressive note to the Fed explaining how stupid it was to make Wisconsin use their free 300 million for High Speed Rail and we should use the free money to fix roads.

The Fed comes back and says - it's our money and we will give you 300 million for high speed rail, if you don't want it - screw you!

The Fed's vision is to have High Speed Rail all across the U.S. like forward thinking Europe. And this is a way to get it started. Walker said he has the backing of other States that do not want the rail system.

I've looked into other States that High Speed Rail and reviews are pretty good. People like it! I really don't care. But seems to me that that extra few hundred million would go towards jobs and create revenue.

Walker is an idiot.
--------------------------------------

OOPS - was I not suppose to press the red button?



The official response is that it is an optical illusion and it's a plane flying TOWARDS the camera. Yea - good one.

LUCY? YOU GOT SOME SPLAININ TO DO!
--------------------------------

Because I'm spending a good amount at Grinders Warehouse, a different blog, which deals with Sports Handicapping and my entire life now revolves around the NBA in which I am the only person that cares about the Milwaukee Bucks West of Racine!

With that said and not wanting to vacate Columbus, the Woodwidow had an excellent review of Nepoli's. I know many of you do not read the comments and missed this!

The Wood Fairy and the Woodwidow are kind of food snobs, so we weren't sure what type of evening we would end up with when we took a chance on Napoli Friday night.

Wow! Even with your raves, we weren't expecting that!

Although it was past 7pm, the waiting area (bar) was jam-packed. We did find a place to sit, and had a chance to admire the refurbishing. Really nice, elegant taste in colors and furnishings and whatnot. The WF figured he'd have to keep pressing through the crowd to get to the bar to renew our drinks (beer and wine)... but surprisingly, one of the bartenders kept coming to the back corner herself to make sure everyone was taken care of regularly.

Our indicated wait of 30 min. ended up being only 20 min., and we were whisked to a fabulous table by the window. Throughout our meal, all the tables remained filled. Good for them!!

And our meal? Wood Fairy reserves his praise with pizzas, but he loved the one he received. I took a big leap and ordered the salmon, and then cursed my adventurousness-- never expect a decent piece of fish in anything other than a place where you expect a decent piece of fish...

And so, shock! It was wonderful! Fresh, flaky, delicately flavored, and the topping was just right. Side veggies perfectly done. Just delicious.

The Wood Fairy is a tiramisu connoisseur, and this one was rave-worthy-- maybe even the best in a long time, if not ever...

The surprises weren't done yet. Even though we noticed that the prices were low, we still weren't expecting a tally akin to, say, a Laredo's or a burger pub.

We left very, very happy! I sure hope the place can keep things going just as they are for a long time to come!

(That pretty much reads like a poorly-disguised owner-planted post one finds on social message boards... but I don't know a soul involved.)

Thanks M - hope you don't mind if I reprinted this.
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...
  • Lincoln - AWESOME
    All good things come to an end.  Yesterday in the NBA I lost a big game in my Chase.  O'well.  Here is my graph now. Still in the black ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ►  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ▼  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ▼  November (14)
      • COPS - They're Everywhere and game changing virus's
      • Wisconsin Film School needs you help
      • So long Minnesota - Happy Trails to You
      • bad news and then good news and then excellent new...
      • They Shoot Horses Don't They
      • No More TV after this week!
      • We have a new "W" and "DJ - FacebookDetective".
      • The Carnival Cruise Line Diet
      • Scott Walker LOL
      • So long Al Harris
      • A View (not The View)
      • No Doom and Gloom Here!
      • It's all about Minnesota (almost)
      • Packers - never a doubt!!
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile