Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Pure Evil, The Brewers & it's not the economy, iPhone5

Posted on 5:58 AM by Unknown
Many readers are not from this area and one of the things we are dealing with in these parts is an act of pure evil.  Seems a father wanted to start all over so he hired one of his sons for $300 to help burn down their house.  They locked three boys in the bedroom and started the house on fire to collect the insurance.

The pregnant mother saved one little girl but in doing so suffered major burns.  When she got the girl out she tried to go back in to save the others. Meanwhile the father was going to take the little girl BACK into the burning house but was spotted.

The mother is surviving but lost her baby. The little girl survived,  the three boys all dies.

I hope the two males rot in hell and never see the light of day again. Even in prison inmates have rules (from what I hear) and they will not be treated very well by fellow prisoners.

----------------------------------
 SPORTS - I'm betting against Wisconsin at -14 this week.  Just saying.
----------------------------------

Don't look now but the Brewers are above.500 and only 3 games out of being in the playoffs!!  WOW - what a ride this year has been.

If you would have told me on April 1st that the Brewers would be 3 games out of the playoffs with a starting rotation of

Gallardo
Fiers
Estrada
Rogers/Marcum
Peralta

and they would be trying to break the all-time Major League strikeouts record AND have 28 blown Saves, I would have said no way in hell.

Side note is that the Phillies are tied with the Crew for Strike Out LOOKING % at 30%.  Brewer pitchers led the league last year strikeout Looking. Deep stats show that Lucroy, last year was the best catcher in the Majors for framing pitches and Maldanado (wow - what an addition HE is) is very very good.  

With that said I was looking at how the Brewers are fielding and thinking of next year.  I read an article about Carlo Gomez and how his OBP was below .300 but I was justifying that he was an awesome fielder.   NOT!

In fact he is having his worst fielding year and is just above the league average in UZR.

(UZR is an advanced stat that takes into account every event such as turning a batted ball into an out, allowing a batted ball to drop for a hit, making an error – or a fielder’s choice – that allows the batter to reach base, or making an error that allows a base runner to advance one or more bases)

UZR of 0.0 is the league average.

But what of all the other fielders.

Gomez +0.7 (slightly above league average)

1B Hart -2.5  - we have heard that Hart has played an outstanding 1B this year and he has . . . for a player playing 1B full time for the first time in his life.  But it's a little below average league wise.  Fielder last year was -5.2 and -7.8 the year before.

2B Weeks -22.4  that's right, not a typo.  But the previous 3 years he has been +16.8 +2.6 and +2.0 so lets chalk this up to just a nightmare year for Rickie.

SS - so many to choose from - move on.

3B Ramirez +11.2 and having one of his best years ever.  Gold Glove quality - here is a surprise - remember Slumpy McGoo? (Casey McGehee). McGehee, last year had a 7.1 UZE - he got to a LOT of balls - weird.

LF Braun +5.7 Check this out. His range factor has increased every year and his UZR has climbed steadily for 5 straight years!   

Gomez +0.7

OF  tony Plush (Morgan) +8.4  Actually one of his poor years - this guy is outstanding in the OF  +9.2 last year.

Fantasy note - I just dropped Gomez from my team - he had a good run for me but I picked up Branden Moss from Oakland.  This guy is awesome!!   I hate bye weeks in the Playoffs.  My team is crushing the ball.
----------------------------------------------------

If the economy is so bad, why is Obama winning.  The reason?  This election is not about the economy at all.  The Republicans WISH it was but it's not.  For one thing Americans just don't like Romney.  He's an unlikable blundering bozo.

The problem Romney had was that in order to win primaries he had to kowtow to the tea party and their whacky anti-female ideals. They had to cut out all of the things that might have won the middle, undecided voters.  Instead of trying to win all of those middle voters they did exactly what they did in 2008 (and lost), they went after all the far right zealot crazy people.  If Romney does not win you can pretty much blame the tea party of hate.  The "Christians" that hate people not like themselves. The failed to bring independent heterosexual women voters to their side.  

Most woman believe that the very first thing the GOP will do is ban abortion and even ban contraception (except I guess for rape, a new, cheaper form of contraception according to Mr. Akin). 

I feel sorry for the level headed Moderate Republican's as they watch the Tea Party lead fanatics bring their party to ruin.

Don't worry - I'll stop the political speak soon, the race is starting to look like a runaway.  The Convention bounce Obama got was huge (compared to zero bounce at all for Mr. Unlikable).

If you take the major 14 major polls, Obama has a popular vote edge of 51.5 to 47.5 and an electorial vote of 315.4 to 222.6. An 80.8% chance of winning and he is pulling away.

-----------------------

 Apple announced the iPhone5 and I laugh as it's larger they the 4.  In fact cell phones keep getting bigger and bigger. Pretty soon it will be like carrying a desk top computer with you.

Iphone9
-----------------------------------

New floors should be done today and I can start to hook up the Home Theater at some point.  Hope I can get it done before the Packer game. 
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...
  • Lincoln - AWESOME
    All good things come to an end.  Yesterday in the NBA I lost a big game in my Chase.  O'well.  Here is my graph now. Still in the black ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ▼  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ▼  September (13)
      • Bridgejumper 21
      • OMG - Bridgejumper
      • Chevy Sonic vs. Ford Fiesta
      • SOCKS BEFORE UNDERWARE
      • Eagles, pointspreads and TV
      • Bridgejumper, pointspreads, stock markets, Hops an...
      • Richard Schierloh - Packers - OH THE HUMANITY! -
      • Pure Evil, The Brewers & it's not the economy, iPh...
      • We Will Never forget . . what?
      • DO NOT SPEED IN COLUMBUS!!!
      • Way way too long of a blog!
      • Edward and Bella, Regan, Walker, Liberals and neo-...
      • Wilhelm Tell, Russel Wilson, Siri, Romney
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ►  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile