Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Monday, June 11, 2012

The Cap and Cbus events

Posted on 6:16 AM by Unknown
Well, I went down to the farmers market in Madison Saturday and had forgotten how big it was.  Yea yea - USA Today says it's one of the best Farmers Markets in America.  ANYWAY. I took a bunch of shots and this one is NOT one of my favorites.  In fact it's the only one I have looked at so far.

Reason for THIS shot is that it's eleven shots total looking directly into the sun.  So what it lacks in quality and wonderfulness just remember it's taken DIRECTLY into the sun.

Interesting how the deep shade has the green grass. 



I'll have more hopefully in the future!  or not - who knows! 
-------------------------------------------------

Looking forward to next weekend.  A ton of stuff going on in Columbus, I wish the newspaper would have had a schedule of when everything was happening. THAT would have been helpful for the citizens of Columbus.

I see that The Cage got their wrist slapped by the police chief and the City Council wrung their hands on what to do with The Cage and decided that it was just to much to consider so they put it off to another date.  Maybe everybody will forget about the big fight.

DJ and Jenny walked past The Cage on the way to Hydro Street Brewing and were harassed by drunken knucklescrapers.

The National Night Out will be held August 7th at Firemans park but they SHOULD have it on the same street as The Cage.  What the hell good does it do to show citizens how save it is if you are in Firemans Park with a whole bunch of police.

BTW - remember that computer dude that stole my computer (and $300).  Yea - he's in jail!  I don't have my computer though!  I never get anything back from the police.   Remember when I had my cell phone stolen from my car in the Department of Justice parking lot?  I got a call from the police saying they had recovered it but needed it for evidence!  So I call a couple months later and . . . it's gone.  They could not find it.   THANK YOU - JOB WELL DONE!!  

Speaking of this weekend, here is a schedule of what "I" want to see and thank you to whoever created the website  Columbus Horse and Carriage Festival

Saturday - All day - period encampments for the reenactors - behind Columbus High School adjacent to Fireman's Park - OH - be ready to have your picture taken.

Approximately 11 a.m. - "President Lincoln" arrives at the Amtrak Train station and will be escorted by "Governor Lewis" and the 21st Cavalry to the Fireman's Pavilion - I hear he always took Amtrak.  

"President Lincoln" delivers a speech on the veranda of the Fireman's Pavilion - MAN - does anybody know where I can get a media pass for this???  Seriously - this is good photo stuff for Columbus . . . and future Hydro Street wall art.


11:00 a.m. - Debate and round table discussions with Civil War historians and "President Lincoln"- I believe The Cage will be on the docket - Lincoln pro closing The Cage, Lewis, a Republican says keep it open, we need the jobs.  Woman should not be out at night anyway.


Approximately 2 p.m. – "President Lincoln" leaves by carriage to inspect the troops

5:00 p.m. – Grand Parade of carriages and reenactors led by "President Lincoln" and "Governor Lewis" begins at the Fireman's Pavilion- Seriously - this is awesome stuff - I HOPE we can do this every year and with MORE reenactors (there are other huge reenactor events this weekend).

During all of this is one of Americas best Horse and Carriage competitions is running both days! 

hmmmmm - there is a black pick-up driving up and down the fairway. 

Something in Black and White.


And something totally different - here are some interesting signs from around the world.



------------------------------------
OH before I forget - I like how the Republicans are laughing at Walker when he thinks that a beer and brat party at the Governors mansion will smooth things over.   Sort of like Hitler telling the Jews to stop thinking about the past, move on, let's look FORWARD, not to thinking about the past.  The past is the past, you can never learn anything if you keep looking at history, right?

-------------------------------------------------------

And a shout out to the Columbus Chamber of Commerce for their very very good website.   Yea - I'm ticked off that when I buy stuff at a store that belongs to the Cbus Chamber that I'm funding the Republican party but their website is very nice.  I guess it's OK for ME to fund the Republicans without a choice but not for the Democrats to be funded by unions.   THAT is why walker crushed the unions.  


Cheers
Rod
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...
  • Lincoln - AWESOME
    All good things come to an end.  Yesterday in the NBA I lost a big game in my Chase.  O'well.  Here is my graph now. Still in the black ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ▼  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ▼  June (12)
      • The most important blog of your life
      • Raw Madison and Lincoln
      • Move complete!
      • Moving Day
      • Columbus Horse and Carriage Festival
      • Whew - got my act together last night
      • The Cap and Cbus events
      • WOW - some people just do not want to give up the ...
      • RAW Madison wants me! - Trailer bonanza
      • Thinking out loud. WHAT? did I say that out loud?
      • Big Bang String Thing
      • NO NOT DELETE!!!
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ►  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile