Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Thinking out loud. WHAT? did I say that out loud?

Posted on 8:02 AM by Unknown
A few quotes of note.  A friend of Karl said  "This is the first time I wish the ballot was an essay question".

and one of my favorite quotes came on Facebook by Cathy "Netflix thinks I will like Walker ads because of my interest in crime and fantasy".

-------------------------------------------

I've started to put floater frames around my a few of my gallery wraps and some work friends were talking about frames and how many pieces of art they have just laying around because they have no frames. Maybe I'll go intot the frame business . . . .hmmmmm, probably been done before.   Frames are freakishly expensive.  I'm trying to figure out how to deal with the added cost of a floater frame on my stuff.  They cost about $80 but if I add $80 to a piece I will lose money because galleries take 40%.

SO - I actually have to raise the price of a piece an extra  $130 to cover that 40%. OUCH.  I've always wanted to keep prices in the non real hurt area so going from $245 (which is pretty inexpensive) to $380 sort of seems extreme.

Maybe what I'll do is have a "demo" piece and work with the galleries to explain that floater frames are a separate entity.  I can give them to customers at cost if they want one.

----------------------------------------------

And sadly from the web site Five-Thirty-Eight who watches polls and are normally dead on correct says this about today's election.  I disagree with the assessment from a personal standpoint as I know so many right leaning friends that are voting Barrett . . . but . . .this guy is the professional so. .
--------------------------------
From a macroscopic view, the mechanics of why Mr. Walker is likely to prevail are not that hard to discern. The results of another recall election last August, in which Democrats succeeded in recalling two Wisconsin state senators but failed in efforts to oust four others, had served as something of a referendum on Mr. Walker. My interpretation of the results was that they implied that opinion in the state was about evenly divided on Mr. Walker at the time in terms of how it translated into actual votes.

Since then, however, Mr. Walker’s performance ratings have improved, with his approval rating exceeding his disapproval rating in most surveys. It is difficult for an incumbent to lose with a net-positive approval rating under any circumstances, and it is probably more so in the case of a recall election, when some voters might give Mr. Walker the benefit of the doubt to allow him to serve out his term. (Mr. Walker, if he wins on Tuesday, would be up for a vote again in 2014 when his original term expires.)

With that said, recall elections are rare events, and it is plausible that the true margin of error in polls of recall elections is intrinsically higher than in regular contests. The results are worth watching, but it would be a true upset if Mr. Barrett were to prevail.      

------------------------

And lastly (again)- I really love this photo of Mary Gaines of the Big Bang String Thing. I must post it again just because I can.
WAIT A DARN MOMENT - I just got an email from an organization called RAW Madison.  I looked them up and "RAW is an indie arts organization for artists by artists. We showcase local, independent artists in film, fashion, music, art, performing art, hair, makeup, photography and more."

They would like to feature  me!  More on this when I find out more.  COOL!!  

Rod  
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Seasons over and a retrospective.
    WOW - Saturday was the last art fair of the year and yesterday was my first day after fair season.  I felt rather lost.  All of a sudden I h...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ▼  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ▼  June (12)
      • The most important blog of your life
      • Raw Madison and Lincoln
      • Move complete!
      • Moving Day
      • Columbus Horse and Carriage Festival
      • Whew - got my act together last night
      • The Cap and Cbus events
      • WOW - some people just do not want to give up the ...
      • RAW Madison wants me! - Trailer bonanza
      • Thinking out loud. WHAT? did I say that out loud?
      • Big Bang String Thing
      • NO NOT DELETE!!!
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ►  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile