Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Friday, May 4, 2012

Shots of Lake Mills and the Coming Storms

Posted on 6:08 AM by Unknown
I created a couple graphs on how the Brewers are doing run-wise compared to last year and used a 10 game moving average.  Here are the results.

The first is Runs scored per game.  Blue is last years 10 game moving average and red this this years! 


And pitching.


Ouch.  Need I say more.

-------------------------------------

WOW - just saw Ted Nugent on a TV interview.  WOW - that dude needs so serious medication! He just WENT OFF on a female producer off camera for no reason at all.

-------------------------------------

One thing that sort of irritates me a little (I think I have mentioned this once to thrice) is that people seem to believe that since I "retired" I sit around all day.   Heck I thought that also when I was working for the man and would talk to retired friends.

I spend the good part of yesterday matting prints and stressing out over art fairs and what needs to be done. From 9:00 to 2:30 I was heads down matting.  OH - granted, I take breaks and it's not like I'm sitting at a desk all day coding.  About 2:30 the storms were rolling south so I hopped into the car and drove to Lake Mills who are always screaming MORE MORE WE NEED MORE PHOTOGRAPHS OF LAKE MILLS!

So with storms and clouds I took a drive.  Now THIS is what being "retired" is all about. It's not that I'm not working, but I work at what I want to work at.

Here are the few I have gotten too so far.

Rock Lake Mill Pond - Lake Mills
 There was a storm rolling in over the Lake.   For any photographers out there this was one of those times where you are all set up, take some photos and then a minute later . . NOW is a good shot  . . and then a minute later now is a better shot and it keeps going, you never know if THIS ONE is the good one?  That on? Should I wait?


    
Again - with this rain bow I took a bunch and it kept morphing si I/m not sure if this is the best one yet - but it's the first I looked at so . . .


Back at Bartels Beach looking south.


That's what I have at the moment.  Lots more to go through.

Have a great weekend!

Rod
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...
  • Lincoln - AWESOME
    All good things come to an end.  Yesterday in the NBA I lost a big game in my Chase.  O'well.  Here is my graph now. Still in the black ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ▼  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ▼  May (12)
      • Forced Labor
      • My Mom Flips Her House
      • Post Art Fair Coma
      • Tobacco spit rubbed on her legs
      • Camp Randall
      • Columbus to build $400 million HIGH SCHOOL OF THE ...
      • Was Republican turnout stronger then Democrate?
      • The Cloud will change the entire landscape of comp...
      • OPEN YOUR LEGS AND LET THE GOVERNMENT IN!
      • Shots of Lake Mills and the Coming Storms
      • Bad Day for the Brewers
      • Employment Numbers, the Left is Spinning
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ►  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile