Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Monday, May 21, 2012

Post Art Fair Coma

Posted on 7:44 AM by Unknown
With more and more art fairs under my belt I'm gaining more artist friends and one thing we were talking about yesterday in Stoughton during the parade lull was the fact that after a day of work at a fair the normal "MO" is to go home and just crash.   I thought it was just DJ and I.

We would get home, eat some food, drink a gallon of fluid and BAM, dead asleep by 9:00.  It seems this is normal.  WHEW!   Of course then I wake up at 10:30 after the news and am refreshed and raring to go!

This weekend I had to honor of having my booth next to an old work acquaintances, Bernie Tennis.  He has recently stopped working for The Man (as I have) and is now an Event Caricatureist. He was outstanding!  Saturday he worked from 9:00 to 3:00 before he took a 10 minute break. 


I'm going to talk him into going to Hydro Street Brewing for a night and also to come up to Columbus Aug 5th for the Ale and Art / Time Machine event.   People were lined up waiting almost all day.  Color takes about 20 minutes and B&W 10 minutes and he is not expensive at all.  Check out Bernie Tennis dot com.

As for Stoughton. 

Well, I tell ya. DJ said she wished she knew how do so something creative and I said - it really does not take a lot of talent to make money.  For instance.  At this Arts and CRAFT fair there was a booth selling RED NECK WIND CHIMES. 

Yea - empty cans of Bud on a stick!!!  THEY SOLD OUT!!!  and of course there were the dog puppets, Green Bay Packer stuffed dragons (because when you think of the Packers you think of dragons I guess) and some sort of tube bow and arrow sets.   Also portraits of Elvis were selling.

ME?  well, let's just say there have been worse outings . . . . . but if you take the attendance to sales ratio it was in the bottom three.  STILL, bottom three is not horrible and the weather was nice and I got to hang out with DJ all day so it was fun.  Plus the fact that people LOVED my work and I must say, my canopy was like a fly zapper, people walked past stopped and came back and gushed.

Literally, one little girl had a bloody nose and she kept walking a little to close to my canvas for my comfort.  She was crying I DON'T WANT A BLOODY NOSE and then would lean over my bin of 8x12s!!!   DUDE!!!! 

It was warm but once again we had a tree providing shade.   OH - and something I'm finding is that even poor art fairs are good.  I was invited to a new ART fair (stress ART) and gallery in Paoli.  Lovely Days Gallery.  They really wanted me to be in their Art in the Park event Saturday August 11th.  So add that to the list.

OH - there was one photographer who had a booth at the fair Saturday that was looking at my work and commented on my use of "photoshop".   He said he didn't know how to use photoshop so all of HIS art was real photography.   I could sort of tell he was looking down at my obvious cheating because I said 100% of my worked used "photoshopped".

He did not come back on Sunday and his area was empty.  I don't like to rub things in because I know photography is a hard sell but I hate people telling me THEY are a purist with REAL photography!
 --------------------------
OK - I have to order some things before Deforest  - OH - one thing that was catching peoples eyes  was Curly!

Curly Lambeau
 
        Have a great Monday

Rod


Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...
  • Lincoln - AWESOME
    All good things come to an end.  Yesterday in the NBA I lost a big game in my Chase.  O'well.  Here is my graph now. Still in the black ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ▼  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ▼  May (12)
      • Forced Labor
      • My Mom Flips Her House
      • Post Art Fair Coma
      • Tobacco spit rubbed on her legs
      • Camp Randall
      • Columbus to build $400 million HIGH SCHOOL OF THE ...
      • Was Republican turnout stronger then Democrate?
      • The Cloud will change the entire landscape of comp...
      • OPEN YOUR LEGS AND LET THE GOVERNMENT IN!
      • Shots of Lake Mills and the Coming Storms
      • Bad Day for the Brewers
      • Employment Numbers, the Left is Spinning
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ►  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile