Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Forced Labor

Posted on 8:10 AM by Unknown
I'm doing my one day of forced labor today.  Seems they are gluing all the windows shut or something.  Even though this building goes from 65 to 80 to 65 in a matter of 15 minutes they seem to think making sure the windows don't open is the key.   I believe the real reason  . . . is jumpers. 

With our Governor showing complete disdain for public employees it's making everybody depressed.  So many have quit and nobody is coming to interviews they can't hire replacements.  So every jumper hurts the job numbers for Walker.  Thus, GLUE THOSE WINDOWS SHUT!!

Did I mention that Walker wants to privatize deer hunting in Wisconsin?   Soon you will have to PAY to hunt on public land.  OH - this won't be mentioned until AFTER he wins re-electin, but being on the "inside", the wheels are moving in that direction.   More jobs you know! 
-----------------------------------------------------------

DJ and I went to Paoli to visit an art gallery that showed interest in selling my work.  You know having work in galleries is all well and good but that 40% they take for commission really spoils my bottom line.

Lovely Days Gallery - Paoli WI
------------------------------------------------

OH my - the monitor here totally sucks WOW!  I've been having monitor problems at home also.  When I started this selling art adventure a few years ago my monitor was "good enough".  But now when I'm trying to produce 24x36 inch pieces I can't really afford to have them come back NOT looking like I thought they would.

I should start to look into GOOD monitors!
-------------------------------------------------

I took a trip to Olbrich Gardens (Elwood has never been there). And strolled around for a bit.  It was cloudy so I was not to keen that I would get any good shots. Unlike what you read about clouds and photography - I'll take a bright sunny day any day (with clouds - blue clear sky sucks)! I'm a rebel rule breaker.

BUT, the clouds started to break up and I took this.

Olbrich Gardens - Madison WI 

I took this shot of some roses and when I was done processing it just looked . . . . too detailed!  So I played around and smudged it up a little. 

----------------------------------------

I see radioactive tuna is hitting the market in the U.S.  That means when you go shopping for tuna go at night and DON'T buy the glowing tuna.

-----------------------------------------

Did you see that Walker is PAYING people to put yard signs up for him? and that Walker walkers are being paid to walk with Walker signs.  They asked one family why they were pro-Walker and they said they were not pro Walker. . . but for $100 they would put a sign in their yard.
----------------------------------------

But . . I digress

-----------------------------------------
 Having some plant problems - looks almost like frost damage but I'm not sure when the last frost was.  Only on the north and north east and west sides of the house.   hmmmm 


Check out this video before it gets banned.  This 80 year old was taking her first jump out of a plane.  NEVER did she think that she would come out of her harness and be hanging by her feet.  The instructor is hanging on to her feet and can't pull his rip cord.!   FUN STUFF!!  

 



Have a find day!! Rod
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...
  • Lincoln - AWESOME
    All good things come to an end.  Yesterday in the NBA I lost a big game in my Chase.  O'well.  Here is my graph now. Still in the black ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ▼  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ▼  May (12)
      • Forced Labor
      • My Mom Flips Her House
      • Post Art Fair Coma
      • Tobacco spit rubbed on her legs
      • Camp Randall
      • Columbus to build $400 million HIGH SCHOOL OF THE ...
      • Was Republican turnout stronger then Democrate?
      • The Cloud will change the entire landscape of comp...
      • OPEN YOUR LEGS AND LET THE GOVERNMENT IN!
      • Shots of Lake Mills and the Coming Storms
      • Bad Day for the Brewers
      • Employment Numbers, the Left is Spinning
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ►  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile