Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Genocide Remembrance Day - Եղեռնի զոհերի հիշատակի օր

Posted on 9:10 AM by Unknown
Today is a big day in the Armenian community.  I know this because where I purchased my doughnut today I commented on the music and the woman behind the counter explained it all.

The systematic killing of the Armenian population by the Ottoman Empire during and just after World War I is remembered today across the world  as Turkey slaughtered 1.5 million Armenian's.  This was the very first recorded genocide where an entire race was  systemically almost exterminated.

Entire cities were rounded up and marched hundreds of miles into desert without food and water and left to die.  Many others were loaded onto barges, towed out to sea and sunk. 

If you know an Armenian  he or she is a child or grandchild of a survivors
----------------------------------------

I watched VEEP last night on HBO and was disgusted with the word "retard" used seven times in jokes.  It totally put a damper on the night and all other comedies fell angry ears.  Oddly "nigger" is frowned upon but "retard" can be used in jokes!  I had expected more out of Julia Louis-Dreyfus.
---------------------------------------

I've started watching Boardwalk Empire and am totally hooked.  Too bad I can only get it on HBO GO and not Netflix.  I have to watch it on my computer. Not really a good way for the two of us to sit down for a evening of 1920's entertainment.   I love the fact that Steve Buscemi who is just butt ugly and is now a star. They make if look pretty good BE. 



OK - this is just silly.  There is a restaurant in Las Vegas called the "Heart Attack Grill".  They have delicacies like the Quadruple Bypass Burger, four half-pound beef patties, eight slices of American cheese, a whole tomato and half an onion served in a lard-coated bun.

Well, since February there have been two heart attacks.  The place is CASH ONLY BTW.  I guess the 4000 calorie double bypass" burger was just a little too much for the woman.
--------------------------------

Gotta run
cheers

 

Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...
  • Lincoln - AWESOME
    All good things come to an end.  Yesterday in the NBA I lost a big game in my Chase.  O'well.  Here is my graph now. Still in the black ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ▼  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ▼  April (13)
      • Horse Trainer FAIL!
      • American economy is not bad at all.
      • Genocide Remembrance Day - Եղեռնի զոհերի հիշատակի օր
      • Doodlebobs on Vicodin
      • The JELLYFISH POPULATION IS BOOMING
      • Betting the Farm
      • Mac vs. PC - seriously - who cares!!
      • Don't forget about your putter
      • Pissed!
      • Fantasy Draft
      • Brewers, Time Machines, Three Cups of Tea, Wind
      • More landscaping
      • Why Gas Prices Are NOT So Bad.
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ►  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile