Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Monday, April 9, 2012

Fantasy Draft

Posted on 6:56 AM by Unknown
The Masters - anybody see that dude get hit in the balls yesterday! He crumpled like a sack of potatoes! Was that Bubba's shot? The camera quickly averted to a different scene. I wonder how they would explain THAT in a politically correct way. Remember - an announcer will be escorted off the course if he calls the crowd "fans", they are patrons!!

BTW - can they make those BIRDS LOUDER????
---------------------------------------------

Well - I had my first "professional" fantasy draft last night in Baseball and this morning I'm looking over my team.  NEXT YEAR I'll have my ACCESS database up and working to help with the process but my goal for picking was to take quality from positions that were short on quality.

The very 1st pick of the draft was Miguel Cabrera if you are wondering. I drafted 6th. Here was the 1sty round (for anybody interested).

Miguel Cabrera
Albert Pujols
Matt Kemp
Troy Tulowitzki - I wanted him
José Bautista
Robinson Canó - my 1st pick

I felt that there is a huge lack of good hitting second basemen while there are many outfielders that will have bigger numbers there was a huge drop off after Cano, only Dustin Pedroia was close. The PROBLEM I had in the draft was that my OF did suffer.

Here is my team and the projections for stats - It's a Head to head league. In draft Order (Draft) Batters - AVG/HR/RBI/R/SB Pitchers - W-L/ERA/K/WHIP

(6)Robinson Canó 2B(NYY) Best 2B

(19)Hanley Ramírez SS(Mia) stay away from injuries 2nd best SS

(30)Félix Hernández SP(Sea) ** should be better then last years GOOD season

(43)Ryan Zimmerman 3B(Was) ** surprise MVP?? 5th best 3B

(54)Dan Haren SP(LAA)

(67)Craig Kimbrel RP(Atl) I picked the 1st closer * many more Ks the Axford

(78)Carl Crawford OF (Bos) oops - DL my 1st OF and I wanted SBs  SEE NOTE - TRADE

(91)Michael Bourn OF (Atl) again - looking to win the overvalued SB race.

(102)Heath Bell RP (Atl) WOW - two top 6 Closers!!

(115)Ricky Romero SP (Tor) on average he was drafted 86 in the thousands of yahoo leagues - this could be a mistake pick!

(126)Cameron Maybin OF (SD) again - SBs I hope - if not! I'm screwed

(139)Josh Beckett SP (Bos) I'm HOPING he has as good of a year as last year. PECOTA says no! NEXT year I'll have better analysis!

(150)Billy Butler 1B (KC) wow - no real 1Bs left

(163)J.P. Arencibia C (Tor) wow - no real catchers left

(174)Joe Nathan RP (Tex) OK - I'm good on saves!

(187)Jesus Montero Util (Sea) it's always good to have at least one Jesus on your team

(198)Jeff Francoeur OF (KC) Gotta find SOMEBODY!!

(211)Clay Buchholz SP (Bos) at this point I'm picking up guys that have more upside then down

(222)Edwin Encarnación 1B,3B(Tor)

(235)Héctor Santiago RP (CWS) - the new closer for the White Sox

(246)Chone Figgins 3B (Sea)

(259)J.D. Martínez OF (Hou)

(270)Fernando Rodney RP (TB)

So I don't know - I only decided to join a $$ League a week ago. I'll do things differently next year with better projections AND a new app I'm working on.

NOTE - I just traded Carl Crawford for Alex Gordon 
-------------------------------------------------

That's all I got at the moment!!  
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Seasons over and a retrospective.
    WOW - Saturday was the last art fair of the year and yesterday was my first day after fair season.  I felt rather lost.  All of a sudden I h...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ▼  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ▼  April (13)
      • Horse Trainer FAIL!
      • American economy is not bad at all.
      • Genocide Remembrance Day - Եղեռնի զոհերի հիշատակի օր
      • Doodlebobs on Vicodin
      • The JELLYFISH POPULATION IS BOOMING
      • Betting the Farm
      • Mac vs. PC - seriously - who cares!!
      • Don't forget about your putter
      • Pissed!
      • Fantasy Draft
      • Brewers, Time Machines, Three Cups of Tea, Wind
      • More landscaping
      • Why Gas Prices Are NOT So Bad.
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ►  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile