Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Brewers - sigh

Posted on 6:50 AM by Unknown
Wait a minute - did I miss the fall colors again this year?

Speaking of hot dogs. NOW we find out why that guy threw the hot dog at Tiger Woods as he was about to tee off (Tiger that is). He wanted to do something "courageous and epic". Well OF COURSE, if I wanted to do something "courageous and epic" that is the first thing I would think of.

The National Hot Dog and Sausage Council released a statement saying the incident was "reprehensible"!!!
----------------------------

Brewers? I mentioned on this blog last year that I was not really excited about the Cory Hart BIG contract. What happened to his speed??? He seems sluggish and slow this year. Does he have a gut? Nice catch Cory, cost the game . . .well . . so did Braun and Kotsey and Gallardo . . anyone else?! Wait - that is the entire outfield.  Braun over ran the Kotsey dive in CF.

I don't normally question Roenicke but get Gomez - a GREAT outfielder, in center. Braun and Hart have like zero range and Morgon can not go back on a ball. St. Louis has a big outfield. sigh.

BUT - it's the playoffs - right now the Brewers have their backs against the wall but a win tonight and they have the advantage and are sitting pretty. BIG game tonight!

OH - the thing with Kotsey. Actually he would have made it back to 2nd but the dirt was wet and when he dove back there was no slide, BAM - stopped dead. Unless he was trying to tag 2nd base with his chin. I know his chin is large but I don't think it's big enough to not use his hands which seemed to be behind him. (actually it would have been pretty funny if the Brewers would have won).


--------------------------------

The water results are in from last hydro year - t osee how Columbus did check out this link of the Columbus Station Water Summery.  Cbus had 31.69 inches of precip last year

------------------------------------------

hmmmmm - that's all I got.

OH - anyone want a safety deposit box door from the F&M Bank?  installed in 1919 in the Louis Sullivan (the father of the skyscraper) "jewel Box" bank.  We're selling them to raise money for the Historic  Preservation people.  They each weight 4 pounds and he cool keys


Talk at ya later.

Rod
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...
  • Lincoln - AWESOME
    All good things come to an end.  Yesterday in the NBA I lost a big game in my Chase.  O'well.  Here is my graph now. Still in the black ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ▼  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ▼  October (12)
      • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
      • A truck Panorama? WHY NOT!! But not now!
      • The rich keep getting richer
      • LaRussa and phones lines FAIL!!
      • Weekend update.
      • I am getting into BIG BIG trouble with THIS post!!...
      • This and That!
      • Where did the Tea Party go.
      • Brewers - sigh
      • Fall Colors and Black & White and Hydro Street Bre...
      • Brent Brent Brent - Gunslinger to Mudslinger
      • Greatest Weekend in Sports in Wisconsin History
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile