Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Brent Brent Brent - Gunslinger to Mudslinger

Posted on 5:48 AM by Unknown
Talk about passive-aggressive.  In an interview Favre, of course, talked about himself when asked about Rogers.  " the talent around him is even better than when I was there. So I’m really kind of surprised it took him so long."

Sort of like saying that Paul Goldschmidt's grand slam last night was good but . . . .I'm surprised he did not hit one sooner.   Gee Brett, congratulations on retiring, I'm surprised you did not retire sooner.

Speaking of the Brewers - in the 3rd inning I said - get this guy out of there. Of course coach could not but I've seen Marcum pitch a lot this year and TO ME, his body language was screaming at me that he was not comfortable.  I knew 100% that at some point he would blow up.  I don't know what was happening between him and Lucroy and I have not found anyone talking about it but there was SOMETHING between those two guys. 

BUT - didn't matter. Brewers only scores 1 run anyway.  Tonight the Brewers go against a leftie and we should have Gomez in center (better fielding). Brewes do well against Saunders who is a flyball pitcher.  But then again the D-backs do well against Wolf. 

-------------------------------------------

For anyone wagering on Football I have a "B" game this week.  Take Buffalo +1.5 at home against the Eagles.   Bridgejumper is 32-16 in these system games over the last 20 years!
---------------------------------------------

Rumors - What I don't like is that these rumors so far have always come true - the compensation for State Employees sick leave is sounding rather . . . dire.  This should come out later this month and it ;s BUTT UGLY!   Still rumors.

-------------------------------------------------

I'm getting ready for the Pumpkin Patch Festival in Door County this weekend.  busy busy.   I was at work yesterday at my old real job.  Bigness as usual.  I worked hard all day on a task and when I finally got past a big hurdle after 6 hours I was told . . OH, never mind we don't need that.     sigh!

Oddly - the place was really quite . . . . was never that quiet when I was there . . . .hmmmmmm.

Ale Asylum is moving to a new place on Airport Road.  They will be able to brew 40,000 barrels year can expand. Correctly they are in the 8,000 barrels a year.     

------------------------------------------

OH - remember Walkers call center to create jobs?  It received 113 calls that got a recording.  39% of the calls were not called back within 24 hours and 0 jobs were created. 
--------------------------------------------

Since I was looking at odds.   It's 50/50 for which party wins re-election and you know - I don't care. I'm not going to get all anal and ruin my life wringing my hands.  Life is way to short to put a black cloud over my head in anger over who is President.  As long as we are not in some stupid war (I was for the last war IF done correctly . . .which it was not - they should have taken Powell's advice). 

----------------------------------------------

hmmmmm - just saw a Robin, I had not seen Robins for a while, they must be moving south again.  I also was a Eastern Blue Bird the other day.  The problem now is that when I fill up my feeder the chipping sparrows devour in in 4 hours.  It's like they take a bath in the seeds.  

Oh well.

I gotta run  have a GREAT warm day

Rod
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Seasons over and a retrospective.
    WOW - Saturday was the last art fair of the year and yesterday was my first day after fair season.  I felt rather lost.  All of a sudden I h...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ▼  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ▼  October (12)
      • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
      • A truck Panorama? WHY NOT!! But not now!
      • The rich keep getting richer
      • LaRussa and phones lines FAIL!!
      • Weekend update.
      • I am getting into BIG BIG trouble with THIS post!!...
      • This and That!
      • Where did the Tea Party go.
      • Brewers - sigh
      • Fall Colors and Black & White and Hydro Street Bre...
      • Brent Brent Brent - Gunslinger to Mudslinger
      • Greatest Weekend in Sports in Wisconsin History
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile