Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Thursday, October 27, 2011

The rich keep getting richer

Posted on 6:20 AM by Unknown
It's like Christmas. I received my new monitor yesterday and now I have to figure out how to calibrate it. hmmmm geez - I have so much more space on my desk. I can REALLY fill that extra space up with random crap now!!  Look at the difference in size.  Technology is wonderful.


Now I can have a monitor JUST for the weather station.  Before when ever the station (www.columbuswiweather.com) went belly up I would have to unhook the monitor from one computer and hook it up to the other.  There are no switches that will work for hooking up one monitor to THOSE two computers.  Weird.   OH - all the geeks say there are but once I show them the plugs and connections and so forth they get this glassy look in their eyes.

-----------------------------------------
I keep having conversations with people about Walker and they can not see why State employees are so pissed off.  Their argument goes something like "Well, WE don't have health care and pay $1000 a month".

I WANT to say - THAT IS YOUR CHOICE!!  You decided to NOT work for a place that gives you health care.  We took a job that pays less so we can have affordable health care.  You decided to work for a smaller company with no health care - it was your choice.

This whole not getting a raise thing does have me baffled.  Was anybody expecting to get a raise?  Come on!   I laughed - State Employees got emails saying basically nothing but directing them to go to a website  . . .except that website is blocked at DOC!  LOL

Did you see that the richest 1% made 275% more money since 1979 while the middle class have 40% more money in the same time period.
-------------------------------------

Facebook, ever hear of it?  They are going to build a huge server farm near the Arctic Circle to take advantage of the climate.  SWEET - how would you like to be relocated to 60 miles south of the Arctic Circle.

---------------------------------------

There is a new show coming on November 6th on AMC called HELL ON WHEELS - Deadwood fans might like this gritty western.



Don't forget to record "Once Upon A Time" Sunday.

HEY - Survivor - WOW - I won't give anything away but as Jeff Probts said - BIGGEST, BOLDEST MOVE IN THE HISTORY OF SURVIVOR!!   I can not WAIT for next week.

Cheers
Rod
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...
  • Lincoln - AWESOME
    All good things come to an end.  Yesterday in the NBA I lost a big game in my Chase.  O'well.  Here is my graph now. Still in the black ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ▼  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ▼  October (12)
      • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
      • A truck Panorama? WHY NOT!! But not now!
      • The rich keep getting richer
      • LaRussa and phones lines FAIL!!
      • Weekend update.
      • I am getting into BIG BIG trouble with THIS post!!...
      • This and That!
      • Where did the Tea Party go.
      • Brewers - sigh
      • Fall Colors and Black & White and Hydro Street Bre...
      • Brent Brent Brent - Gunslinger to Mudslinger
      • Greatest Weekend in Sports in Wisconsin History
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile