Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

A few photos!

Posted on 7:33 AM by Unknown
A couple photos before I start to do some framing in prep for a Wine and Art Walk Thursday Night in Sun Prairie. 

Last night a storm moved through south of Columbus around sunset and Facebook lit up with photos!    Here is one I got from our deck and yes, they were that color. That is why everyone was out of their houses look up!

Those are mammatus clouds.


--------------------------------

Then there is this little building between Beaver Dam and Minnesota Junction!   Yea - DJ and I had a WTF? moment and I had to pull over.

WHAT??  are we in Westeros?



--------------------------

I've been thinking about how long the United States will be around.  Seriously.  No one can really think The U.S. is here permanently can they?   I mean civilizations come and go.

I've been reading the history of Civilizations and I gotta think that America is just another passing Civ.  We might be around for another few hundred years but not many civilizations make it past 1000 years and if they do the last few hundred years are all downhill.

Just sayin.
--------------------------  




OK - work to do - cheers
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Seasons over and a retrospective.
    WOW - Saturday was the last art fair of the year and yesterday was my first day after fair season.  I felt rather lost.  All of a sudden I h...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ▼  May (11)
      • Rome vs. America
      • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
      • Different blog today
      • Wisconsin's Tornado Alley
      • Storms and taking photos of . . . EVERYTHING
      • A few photos!
      • Mayor OKs Columbus ET Landing Zone!
      • Duct Tape Is SO Much Better Then Stitches
      • RAIN -upper 80s' by Tuesday!!
      • 17 Years Ago and We Let These People Vote?
      • Rain Rain Rain
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ►  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile