Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Monday, August 20, 2012

Trailer Hunting

Posted on 6:11 AM by Unknown
First question - I have a dead dryer in my garage - how do I get rid of it.  Can I put it  to the curb??   What does one do with dryers in Columbus.

I need to get rid of it because I'm buying a trailer. Art fairs have been very good to me and it's time.  5x8 covered.  I'm going to Big O's today to price them out.

Speaking of Art Fairs.  I love the Agora Art Fair in Fitchburg.  Anytime a guy can come into my booth and literally say "I want that and that and that and this and those two".  It's going to be a good day. (all of my new man cave art B17s, F16s, Submarines).    When I can sell a big piece before I'm even open and the woman said "I came here just to see YOU".  It's going to be a wonderful day.  

The star of the day was my image of Cave Point.  Before I sold the big one I had 4 or 5 people asking for smaller prints (which I did not have any of because no one ever buys them).  Finally a woman is looking around and very quietly says "I'll take it".  WHAT?  no story?  No selling?  And she had never been there. Did not have a clue where it was.   The funny thing is that a person pointed out I missed getting rid of one cigarette butt and it was all I could see once he pointed it out.



And AGAIN - people really wanted my images of Miller Park.  I had ONE and as I was selling it a guy asked it I had another one!!  WTF!!  I sold like ONE last year and this year every show I sell one thinking it's an anomaly.

Balderdash asked me what I sell most of  and besides the big 4 Madison shots it's really all over the board which drives me crazy.  The one hot big piece is the Sunset over ice shot which has been selling every show.


ANYWAY - that's my story and I'm buying a trailer.

Two more shows this year - New Glarus which I have never been to Sept 2nd and Sun Prairie Main Street Sept 8th.  I was told to try Holy Hill which I'll look into next year and two are coming off my schedule, Stoughton and Deforest.

OOPS - just got an email - gotta deliver a 22x48 to Madison today. I LOVE Walker for making me quit early!   Better go.

Rod






Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...
  • Lincoln - AWESOME
    All good things come to an end.  Yesterday in the NBA I lost a big game in my Chase.  O'well.  Here is my graph now. Still in the black ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ▼  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ▼  August (12)
      • ART? ART? Bears? What?
      • Unleashed and Uncorked - Dane County Humane Society
      • Phase 3 - GONE!
      • Big O's Trailers
      • Trailer Hunting
      • Post #1001
      • Post #1000
      • Busy time
      • Green Darner
      • Sirius Satellite Radio Scam and Meaningful Art.
      • Moving on.
      • RIP Sierra, at least you found Blake
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ►  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile