Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Green Darner

Posted on 7:26 AM by Unknown
got an email last night from a guy that was at Hydro Street Brewery and saw a photo of the Strain Station in Columbus and wanted to purchase one.  I explained everything and said I could deliver.  He got back to me saying that would be great.  He lives in Washington State. 

hmmmmmm  I'll have to rethink that strategy.
-----------------------------

Just got an email this morning from Truax wondering if tonight would be a good time to take some photos.   Actually it's not a good night but . . . . . I don't want to put things off.  I never know how many chances I'll get.

-------------------------------

Sunday we were at Ale and Arts and a couple booths away there was a big commotion and a woman was pointing at her breasts.  Never one to shy away I did notice something going on there and when someone looked at me and said "TAKE A PICTURE". . . . . I was conflicted.

There was this HUGE dragon fly on the right boob!!  what do I do what do I do.   She tried to put it on her finger but it flew off.  BUT . . it liked some jewelry so much it landed and actually sat there for a good hour.   I'd say the wing span was a good 4 inches.

Green Darner

 

It's a female Green Darner, the official insect of Washington.  A Green Darner migrates in fall to Southern Mexico and Panama.  It's the worlds largest dragonfly. While birds will eat them they can fly up to 50mph which make them very hard to catch.   They are ferocious predators and eat all sorts of bug including Mosquitoes and even small fish.

They have 360 degree vision so don't even try to sneak up on one.  They have been around for 300 million years and in the good ol days had wing spans up to 2 feet. 
-------------------

Found an old website (from 2003)  - Headlines from 2035

Texas Executes Last Remaining Citizen  

Wealthy Widow Anna Nicole Smith, 83, Weds Handsome Young Actor. "This Is True Love," He Beams. 

Upcoming NFL Draft Likely to Focus On Mutants  

Authentic Year 2000 Chad Sells For $6.9 Million at Sotheby's 

Court Clears AOLTimeWarnerGE-DisneyCiscoFordRJR-NabiscoExxon-Mobil of Monopoly Charges  

50-Year Study: Diet and Exercise are Key to Weight Loss 

Baby Conceived Naturally, Scientists Stumped  

Cancer Research Results In: It Wasn't the Cigarettes - It Was the Ashtrays 

Average height of NBA players now nine foot seven inches  

Castro finally dies at age 112; Cuban cigars can now be imported legally, but President Chelsea Clinton has banned all smoking. 

Postal Service raises price of first class stamp to $17.89 and reduces mail delivery to Wednesday only. 

Supreme Court rules punishment of criminals violates their civil rights. 



have a nice Tuesday!
Rod
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...
  • Lincoln - AWESOME
    All good things come to an end.  Yesterday in the NBA I lost a big game in my Chase.  O'well.  Here is my graph now. Still in the black ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ▼  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ▼  August (12)
      • ART? ART? Bears? What?
      • Unleashed and Uncorked - Dane County Humane Society
      • Phase 3 - GONE!
      • Big O's Trailers
      • Trailer Hunting
      • Post #1001
      • Post #1000
      • Busy time
      • Green Darner
      • Sirius Satellite Radio Scam and Meaningful Art.
      • Moving on.
      • RIP Sierra, at least you found Blake
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ►  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile