Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Whats a little dent anyway.

Posted on 6:10 AM by Unknown
I was a little off with my prediction.  If you remember two weeks ago I predicted this

Brewers  95 - 67  .586   ----
Cards      88 - 74  .543     7 games behind!

and in reality the final outcome was

Brewers 96-66
Cards     90-72  6 games behind

I was close.

ESPN will be in Madison for the Game of the Day and tickets are at their all time highest price EVER (which is a redundant sentence) for the game.  it is expected that there will be 40,000 Nebraska fans in Madison NOT going to the game. Madison will be a very crazy city Saturday.  I bet there will be puke, or shall I say "tactical chunder" everywhere on State Street. 
-------------------------------------------------------

Being a fashionista I love watching the new fashions that are being pushed on woman and I believe they totally suck.  Have you seen what Boston Store, and all the other stores are pushing on us?  Do they think we live in New York?  6 inch spike heels and just really weird things no one in Wisconsin or the Midwest would ever wear.  Let's see how those heels hold up when it's -10 icy with 3 foot drifts.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Check out this panorama of the International Boat Show that I stitched together.  It's too big for this blog so I had to upload it to it's one page.  Originally it 2 by 14 feet. Click on the image to enlarge it.

Rods Pano

----------------------------------------------------------------

hmmmmmm - every night I remember things I need to say and every morning I have forgotten them.  Seems I need to take notes at night! 

One thing you need to watch today is the wind - it's going to get REALLY windy  gusts up to 50.  So this morning I went out and took some shots of the Sweet Autumn Clematis.  These shots look a little fuzzy on this site  hmmmm.


Remember we thought it was dead as it did not poke it's head out of the ground until the 1st week of June.  Elwood and I had to make a small adjustment as we have 2 more. One is on the lattice work and if we went with the original plan we would not be able to get down the stairs.

---------------------------------------------
Check this out

 

Friend of mine ordered a specially made Manual, Black, Camaro (90% of Camaro's are Automatics).  Took two months to get it.  He got a call that it was FINALLY ready and was being shipped to him.  Only a three hour trip.  He get's it and it seems the delivery truck forgot that there was a chain loose and for three hours that chain was banging against the car.   Those are nicks and dents from the chain.

I'm not sure if that little piece of plastic helped any.  Yea - he is a little ticked off.

Columbus is the news.

Seems a American Funding Company, here in Cbus made like 3 million calls to the no-call list.  OOPS!!  so it needs to pay Wisconsin $175,000.

-----------------
That's all I got - I'll take notes tonight when I become brilliant

Rod
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...
  • Lincoln - AWESOME
    All good things come to an end.  Yesterday in the NBA I lost a big game in my Chase.  O'well.  Here is my graph now. Still in the black ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ▼  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ▼  September (13)
      • Odds on Favs
      • Whats a little dent anyway.
      • How Full Tilt Poker Screwed Poker Players Thanks t...
      • I LIKE TV!!
      • HARRRRRR!!
      • Brewers - win going away!!
      • Survivor
      • SMOKE
      • The Aba Daba Honeymoon
      • WOW
      • Hydro Street Brewing Company - Update
      • Giving the Cheif of Police A Way Out.
      • Mystery Solved
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile