Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Hydro Street Brewing Company - Update

Posted on 1:45 PM by Unknown
I met with Aaron and Sandye today at what will be Columbus's new Brewery - Hydro Street Brewing Company.

Aaron is shoveling through yards and yards of paperwork and (side note - 90 calories of Coke is like two gulps! - I need another one). . . . . . and Sandye was waiting for some sort of contractor who it seems keep showing up late or never.

There is no firm opening date but things are moving along at Island Speed. However I believe they receive their Liqueur License tonight, one of only a couple available (I did not know the Holding Cell went belly up, what a shame).

However I did get to look at the plans and talk about the process and frankly - I am totally pumped.

Here is what the place looks like RIGHT NOW!!

 

As you can see Mr. Frey is trying to sell some carriages and I'm thinking he is trying to talk Aaron into the idea that all seating will be in carriages (I think there is an ordnance stating all bar stools must now be in a carriages) . . . (you would not know that because the city website only gets updated once per decade).
  
BUT if Aaron holds his ground there will be seating for 49 customers, not 50 (there is an ordnance saying only 49, at 50 you get 25 penalty points (that is a new ordnance and if you would ever go the to City Counsel Meetings you would know that).  

Speaking of City Council Meetings there is one Tuesday night and I'm thinking about going there and suggesting we get a Town Crier.  I have a photo of what the Mayor would look like if he became the town crier.   At least we would know since THE CITY WEBSITE NEVER UPDATES!!

In fact on the website it says: Have you got a question for someone "at City Hall"?
   Got a suggestion?
      Or a complaint?
Well.... here's your chance....   Just click on Request Tracker
      to get in touch with someone in city government who can (and will) respond. 


Well - I registered over a week ago and am STILL waiting for my secret password so I can ask a question.  The website says they pick up brush every other Tuesday - STILL WAITING!!!  

Anyway - the small Brewery will be a 1 barrel a day system.  Hoping to have 10 taps with one of those taps being an R&D tap with experimental beer.  

A barrel is 43 gallons and a gallon is 8 pints so each day 344 pints will be brewed up (about).   All sorts of styles(Miller, Miller Lite, Bud Bud Light, Schlitz Light, Steel Reserve, Pabst Blue Ribbon, Natty Light, Gluek, Beer 30).  

mmmm Doesn't the above look good?  LOL
OK OK - I JOKE!!  

The actual brewing will be enclosed behind wrought iron gates (as per law). A brewing area can not be open to the public.  There will be a bar and some food options but I forgot to ask about that part.

Anyway - something to look forward too in the cold months ahead.

Cheers
Rod

 


Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...
  • Lincoln - AWESOME
    All good things come to an end.  Yesterday in the NBA I lost a big game in my Chase.  O'well.  Here is my graph now. Still in the black ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ▼  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ▼  September (13)
      • Odds on Favs
      • Whats a little dent anyway.
      • How Full Tilt Poker Screwed Poker Players Thanks t...
      • I LIKE TV!!
      • HARRRRRR!!
      • Brewers - win going away!!
      • Survivor
      • SMOKE
      • The Aba Daba Honeymoon
      • WOW
      • Hydro Street Brewing Company - Update
      • Giving the Cheif of Police A Way Out.
      • Mystery Solved
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile