Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Worst Interview I Have Ever Had.

Posted on 7:16 AM by Unknown
Looking at the below chart you will see the average temps for this year.  Looks like since July we have leveled off and have not yet started to drop in temps.  We have been hitting the above average more then the below average since May.  Also above average in precipitation since June. 



This is what August has looked like.

------------------------------

Yesterday at lunch DJ and I were walking near the Capitol as I needed to take a photo of the lions on the Cap lights near the Capitol doors when we were approached by some shady dude wearing a suit and his leary looking side kick with a huge camera on his shoulder.

At first I felt like running in terror but then a calm came over me as I realized it was David Douglas from Channel 3 Madison and an unnamed cameraman.  They were hot on a news trail and wanted to ask us some riveting questions.  Well, DJ was still freaking out Mr. Douglas presence and was basically saying "Talk to my hand scoop hound"  leaving me to fend for myself.

He reaches into his pocket and I jump back but all it is is an iPhone.  He forces us to look at a tiny little dark photo.

"do you notice anything odd about this photo"? he asks.  I was going to say I actually could not see the photo but instead I said.  "No".  So he zooms in and I see some guys butt in the background.   He says this family was getting their photo taken and the guy was stealing their stuff behind them. 

"What is you reaction to this?". and the microphone enters my face space.

". . . . . ummmmmmm . . . . . that's not good"   I say with confidence.

"So, being a photographer what are your thoughts on this being caught on camera?"  and he sticks the 2 yard long microphone back into my face and waits for an answer. . . . . . "ummmmmm  wow . . . . that was pretty lucky"  and I start to get dizzy trying to find the angle he is looking for, after all I want to have some good sound bites.  And as soon as my reply leave my lips I expect another tough question but no . . . . . the mic is still there, they are both looking at me like I'm the dullest person they have ever seen.

After silence for 10 minutes as we both try to make each other uncomfortable he ask "Do you have any other thoughts on this?"   DUDE - GIVE ME SOMETHING TO WORK WITH HERE!   The cameraman is either falling asleep or he he is finding shooting a few minutes of my camera more interesting then I am.

"You know there are camera's all around the Capitol filming people"  he says . . . it's not even a question anymore, he is making odd statements.  Is it talk like Twitter day?   OH!!  I think this is a story about "Big Brother Is Watching Us" and I respond saying I do not believe this is a bad thing.  And again, the mic is in my face for another 10 minutes and we stare at each other seeing who will blink first!

Interview is over and we part ways!  For the next half an hour DJ and I are trying to figure out WHAT  he was trying to get out of me.   Sadly - I failed to get on the news! 

Have a good day!
Rod
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...
  • Lincoln - AWESOME
    All good things come to an end.  Yesterday in the NBA I lost a big game in my Chase.  O'well.  Here is my graph now. Still in the black ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ►  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ►  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ▼  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ▼  August (19)
      • Will the Badgers lose power again in Las Vegas?
      • Pass the Polyoxybenzylmethylenglycolanhydride
      • Is Any Body Out There
      • Worst Interview I Have Ever Had.
      • This and that
      • Don't Show Me Your Coronal Hole
      • The Hindenburg Omen - Mothers, Hide Your Children
      • MOTHERSHIP HOVERS OVER COLUMBUS
      • Favre, Cubs, Packers, Eddies, James Street Dining
      • Going Commando at Miller Park
      • Long Weekend - Short Blog
      • I Hate the Cardnials Too.
      • I SMILE WHEN I SWEAT!
      • 8/9/10 11:12:13
      • yea - well.
      • UFO spotted East of Columbus
      • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finche...
      • The Fighting Finchs of Fort Atkinson
      • Flushing Beer Cans Down the Toilette
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile