Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Norovirus

Posted on 5:57 AM by Unknown
First off - notice on the right hand side of the blog - I have a Melotte for City Council DONATE button.   Gettin' classy!!   I also posted a new blog on that site.  Yea - that blog is not as fun as I can't just SHOOT FROM THE HIP like I do here!  :-( 
---
Second off - the birds are FREAKING out.  I took away their feeder to clean and wash it and now it's drying. 
 ---
My food poisoning is now more likely the Norovirus and this is todays theme as Josh, Jenny, Caydence AND Sydney all seem to have it.  DJ went over th take care of the kids, Josh and Jenny can fend for themselves.  Pray for DJ. 

And this reminds me of one of the funniest scenes I have ever seen in a movie - from Bridesmaids

http://youtu.be/eLbpcnzUdvw

 

The Norovirus, unlike the flu is  single-stranded RNA which means it's a tiny little thing that can float around and causes nausea, forceful vomiting, watery diarrhea, and abdominal pain, and in some cases, loss of taste - WHICH is what I had, all of them.

In the UK they call it the Winter Vomiting Bug. SADLY after you get it immunity is very short lived!  FOOD is the main culpret for spreading and hospitals, prisons, dormitories, and cruise ships or any enclosed community it will spread like shit threw a goose.

Hand washing is the most effective way to NOT get it - alcohol based sanitizers are less effective then hand washing because the virus does not have a lipid viral envelope. Bleach in water should be used for cleaning.

The virus can live for 12 hours on hard surfaces, and up to 12 days on contaminated fabrics and can survive for months and EVEN years in water.

AWESOME!!! 
--------------------------------------

In other news - Columbus had 6 inches of snow and about 0.50 inches of precipitation bringing the 4 day total to 2.7 inches.

--------------------------------------

Reading two books at the moment - Ender's Game which is a wonderful book    "In order to develop a secure defense against a hostile alien race's next attack, government agencies breed child geniuses and train them as soldiers."    Much better then I thought it would be and I think it's the 1st of 5 Ender books.

And a book I found at Cosco  called The Liberator.   If you like the authors Cornelius Ryan or Stephen Ambrose (who's father was my moms dentist - too weird) you will like Alex Kershaw.  

This book follows Felix Sparks and his infantry regiment for the 500 days they fought from landing in Sicily to Dachau.  They spent the most time in war of any regiment in WWII.  Fascinating. 

OH - and speaking of Lincoln (the movie).   I read that many of the Los Angeles Lakers went to see the movie and many of them . . . . . DID NOT KNOW HE DIED!!!   WHAT??    I'm trying to see if this is actually true - I can't believe it but it WAS on the internet so . . . . .

---------------------------------

Lots of new shows coming on TV soon and some look pretty good. I see more science style searching shows this round.  Most will suck but who knows.  

-------------------------------

STAY WARM - gotta feed the birds before they give up and die! 

Rod 

 
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...
  • Lincoln - AWESOME
    All good things come to an end.  Yesterday in the NBA I lost a big game in my Chase.  O'well.  Here is my graph now. Still in the black ...

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ▼  January (11)
      • Norovirus
      • Weather and parking tickets
      • This and that.
      • Columbus is the Mr. Bates of cities.
      • Auditorium plans moves forward.
      • Sabotaging my own campaign?
      • Hat in the ring, hat in the ring
      • Po-lumbus - Poking the Bear
      • Columbus - a strip mall nirvana?
      • Lock Box - right! Talk to my hand!
      • The Flu and Cinnamon Milk
  • ►  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ►  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile