Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Weather and parking tickets

Posted on 7:01 AM by Unknown
Columbus had 0.94 inches or rain last night, more then I had expected.  Could have been 10 inches of snow.  Rain is so much easier to deal with.  I know Milo is so happy spring is finally here!  I have not told him what is coming tonight with up to 4 inches of snow (I actually think it will be closer to 6 inches!) .  PLUS - after about 4pm today we will have falling temperatures for 36 straight hours!  THIRTY SIX STRAIGHT HOURS!!!
----------------------------------

I have friends all over the world and last month I took a before and after blizzard photo of my house and one guy in Columbia said "I wish I could just touch the snow sometime".

A friend that lives in Australia on the Sunshine Coast asked me to look at one of his photos.  I thought it was awesome and asked if I could tweak it just a little and he agreed.  

Here is the after and before photos.   . . . . actually I guess not but you get the idea - ALMOST the same photo!  I added a hint of color, made the rainbow lorikeet a little crisper while making all else a little blurrier to give it a 3D look.

Photo by Simon Green - processed by Rod Melotte

photo by Simon Green

Not sure how many of you Columbus people have looked at the budget but it's actually lower then the past few years.  Did you know there are 26 miles of roads that Columbus is responsible for?  If we redid all of those roads it would only cost us 31.2 million dollars.  SWEET!!

And people complain about West James  HWY 16/60 and how bad it is.  Well ladies and germs - not a Columbus problem. We don't own that road, can't fix it if we wanted too.  What we own are where the cars park, not the road.  That is a State Highway and is suppose to be redone in . . 2016??  Same with that area by the Hospital. State road but that WILL be fixed soon.

And the whole argument saying the Columbus Police force is 1/3 of the towns budget is wrong.  29.9% actually and NOT out of line with a typical 5000 pop city.  A little higher then most other cities( actually ALL other cities our size from what I can tell) but our crime rate has fallen since 2010.   I know I know - people REALLY hate our police force and this is a real problem, but they ARE doing their job.  They need to relax a tad though.  You really do not want your citizens to loath you (which it seems they do).

Parking and parking tickets are the biggest thorn in peoples sides. Talk about one tiny thing that REALLY pisses people off.  Every person I talk to get this look of hatred in their eyes.  They forget that while crime is falling in Columbus (real crime like burglary and theft, not organized crime like selling cocaine out of restaurants) all the people of Columbus can focus on are parking tickets!

Police Force - if you are reading this - take note!!  You want the public on YOUR side.

enough!  gotta run

Have a great warm Tuesday - don't get used to it.

Rod    

      


Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...
  • Lincoln - AWESOME
    All good things come to an end.  Yesterday in the NBA I lost a big game in my Chase.  O'well.  Here is my graph now. Still in the black ...

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ▼  January (11)
      • Norovirus
      • Weather and parking tickets
      • This and that.
      • Columbus is the Mr. Bates of cities.
      • Auditorium plans moves forward.
      • Sabotaging my own campaign?
      • Hat in the ring, hat in the ring
      • Po-lumbus - Poking the Bear
      • Columbus - a strip mall nirvana?
      • Lock Box - right! Talk to my hand!
      • The Flu and Cinnamon Milk
  • ►  2012 (160)
    • ►  December (11)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ►  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile