Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

I'm IN . . . soon.

Posted on 6:15 AM by Unknown
Milo to cat slept on my head last night.  His head was on my head and I had such weird confusing dreams.  Big dogs, fast moving sloths, a bear . . . . . .I bet Milo had confusing dreams also like high school, can't find your locker, late for a test and you don't know where the room is.  Very confusing for a cat.
--------------------------

Today I pick up papers to run for City Council for the 2nd district.   I'll have to get 20+ signatures. 

The big news from the City Council last night was the news about American Packaging.  They are NOT leaving Columbus but relocating to the new Gateway Industrial Park which is currently that big corn field next to the Hospital.   They will expand and move their WORLD HEADQUARTERS to the cornfield. 

Seemed to be a hush hush business deal.

Everybody was talking about how wonderful this would be as this is the "gateway" to Columbus.  My question is will it be a butt ugly addition to the exit? Sort of like the other side of town??  God that is butt ugly and an embarrassment.   Personally I'm not as excited as the mostly right wing City Council was but I don't have all the information.  Not against the right wing at all but a few are REALLY REALLY right wing . . if you know what I mean.

If I'm elected this blog will become a nexus for information on what is happening in your government. I mean - why is the Police Chief MAKING laws.  He should be enforcing them, not making them (speaking of the demerit point thingy for bars). 

I read over the minutes for an entire year of CC meetings in the last few days.  Lots of money just being given away.  $5000 to clean grave stones for instance.  hmmmmm

I'll be running around looking for signature. No worries if you do not want to sign.  I never take anything personally . . .except personal checks.   Want a yard sign????  

Rod
---------------------------

  
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...
  • Lincoln - AWESOME
    All good things come to an end.  Yesterday in the NBA I lost a big game in my Chase.  O'well.  Here is my graph now. Still in the black ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ▼  2012 (160)
    • ▼  December (11)
      • How to run for City Council in a small town
      • Little Columbus WI in the news AGAIN!!
      • Draco
      • I'm IN . . . soon.
      • Here Comes Draco
      • Weather - guns - politics -sports
      • UnionEd / Rain / Bridgejumper / sigh Droessler
      • Lemons / Walker / Old Fashions
      • The SO CALLED Fiscal Cliff
      • sTAY cALM
      • Walgreens.
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ►  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile