Grinders Island

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Here Comes Draco

Posted on 7:42 AM by Unknown
Winter Storm Draco cometh!

This morning the most accurate model has 10 inches for Madison (which seems to be in a little non-snow hole) and 10-12 in Columbus.  But the snow will not be the real problem.  The heaviest snow will be Thursday morning but the problem will be starting noonish with 35-40mph winds creating blizzard conditions.

This will be a paralyzing winter storm 


----------------------------------------------

SO - how is the Melotte family preparing for Draco?  First thing I do tonight is run to Pic-N-Save and by ingredients for Haggis!!    What's that Christmas song? 


Here we come a-haggising
Among the sheep so green;
Here we come a-wand'ring
So fair to be seen.
REFRAIN:
Love and joy come to you,
And to you your haggis too;
And God bless you and send you a Happy New Year
And God send you a Happy New Year.


In case you are wondering Haggis is a savory pudding with a nutty flavor. Traditionally Scottish dish, considered the national dish of Scotland and is traditionally served with "neeps and tatties". Alton Brown loves Haggis and here is his ingredients. mmmmm

1 sheep stomach
1 sheep liver
1 sheep heart
1 sheep tongue
1/2 pound suet
minced 3 medium onions
minced 1/2 pound dry oats
toasted 1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon dried ground herbs

So what is YOUR favorite haggis recipe???

-------------------------------------------

MELOTTE - Looking Forward with Common Sense. 

YUP - I'm running for City Council Ward 2 (pretty much everything south of Waterloo.  It's all I'm saying at the moment.  

NO IT'S NOT!!!

Here is the deal.  My name KEPT being brought up and all these years I have been whining about how Columbus is such a great city but no one ever participates, they only complain and oddly, they always complained to me!!  Seriously, not sure why but I was always some sort of sounding board. 

WELL -maybe it's time I get off my ass and do something.

I tried Main Street Org but it was not the right fit.  I tried joining the CDC but was told the Council had to approve it (not sure that was actually true but . . . I got the message).

--------------------------------------------------

I'm in my Fantasy Super Bowl and as typical for the last 4 weeks, I'll have to pull some players out of my ass (also called the waiver wire) to win.  The team I beat WAS the best team in the league.

-------------------------------------


Rod


Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • The Event Boundary / Pabst and The Kurth
    Seriously - this JUST happened to me! ------------------------------ Ever have something in your mind to do and you walk into a different r...
  • Small World
    I slept too well last night and don't feel like writing. I didn't wake up 3 times with pets and when I sleep well I wake up groggy. ...
  • bad news and then good news and then excellent news - Kangaroo care
    Now I know why Walker is trying to get all Wisconsin retiree's back to Wisconsin - he is trying to save us! Randy has been on the wait...
  • The ASCAP Mafia, Silver Linings
    OK Baseball fans - this graphic was shown on TV . How many errors can you spot?  Answers near the end. -------------------------------------...
  • Weather
    THEY ARE EMPLOYEES - NOT ASSOCIATES - good grief - why do companies insist on calling people who work for the associates.  I would feel insu...
  • Next Stop - ONE MILLION plus The Fighting Finches Chpt #1
    So I passed over the 500,000 mark yesterday in pages read. The next stop is ONE MILLION and looking at the stats I'll predict that goal ...
  • Fort Atkinson begins construction on this date
    So you have all probably noticed I've been begging for $10 for this RAW Madison MIXOLOGY event that I got "mixed" up in.  I ne...
  • Trains End Supper Club
    To answer knowitall (which seems odd) - what you are talking about is called Milky Spor a soil-dwelling, Gram-positive, rod-shaped bacterium...
  • Columbus seems to be full of hand wringers
    OK - I'm going to come right out and say it. Halloween, in Columbus, on a Sunday afternoon, is just plain stupid. You are ruining it fo...
  • Lincoln - AWESOME
    All good things come to an end.  Yesterday in the NBA I lost a big game in my Chase.  O'well.  Here is my graph now. Still in the black ...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (93)
    • ►  September (6)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (9)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (13)
    • ►  February (10)
    • ►  January (11)
  • ▼  2012 (160)
    • ▼  December (11)
      • How to run for City Council in a small town
      • Little Columbus WI in the news AGAIN!!
      • Draco
      • I'm IN . . . soon.
      • Here Comes Draco
      • Weather - guns - politics -sports
      • UnionEd / Rain / Bridgejumper / sigh Droessler
      • Lemons / Walker / Old Fashions
      • The SO CALLED Fiscal Cliff
      • sTAY cALM
      • Walgreens.
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (14)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (12)
    • ►  July (15)
    • ►  June (12)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (13)
    • ►  March (15)
    • ►  February (16)
    • ►  January (13)
  • ►  2011 (160)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (12)
    • ►  October (12)
    • ►  September (13)
    • ►  August (14)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (13)
    • ►  May (7)
    • ►  April (11)
    • ►  March (18)
    • ►  February (20)
    • ►  January (16)
  • ►  2010 (87)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (14)
    • ►  October (17)
    • ►  September (20)
    • ►  August (19)
    • ►  July (3)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

Unknown
View my complete profile